Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS
    Looking forward to seeing the Virgin livery. The Brawn car is quite good looking considering the "ugly" rules for this year, but when are they going to ban those stupid wheel cover thingies? They look awful and don't add anything to the spectacle of the sport!
    Yeah I hate those things too.

Liked 50 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by V12
    I think Branson would be wise to tap into this and just become a title sponsor rather than naming the team outright, obviously the two names would be linked in the same way that Vodafone, McLaren and Mercedes are, but IMO anyway in the past couple of weeks the Brawn name has gone from sounding strange and awkward to just sounding "right".
    Branson made what I thought was quite a rude comment in an interview yesterday, he stateed that everyone knew the team had a great engineer so there was no need to name the team after him (Brawn).

He's beginning to irritate me already. So far in his BBC appearances you'd have thought Branson had designed and built the car himself, he seems to have forgotten that his formal relationiship with the team only started yesterday.

Liked 18 Times in 8 Posts
    I like Branson and the Virgin brand but the only time I hit mute today was when Richard was talking as it just seemed a load of absolute bollocks every time he opened his mouth
    I think he should go with the Panasonic Toyota / Vodafone McLaren route and then just shut up. Heck, I'd rather listen to John Bunsen and Anthony Hamilton !

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylan H
    Branson made what I thought was quite a rude comment in an interview yesterday, he stateed that everyone knew the team had a great engineer so there was no need to name the team after him (Brawn).
    Yeah that got the wind right up my tail as well. Branson would be well advised to recognise that this is the result you get when a proper, efficient racing team headed by proper racing people is left to get on with it. A straightforward sponsorship deal would IMO benefit all parties more, by all means plaster the cars, driver overalls, motor homes and hospitality areas with as many Virgin stickers as you want but please, please please leave it at that.

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts

He's beginning to irritate me already. So far in his BBC appearances you'd have thought Branson had designed and built the car himself, he seems to have forgotten that his formal relationiship with the team only started yesterday.
    I just read that on Autosport. What a cock. Not that it wasn't obvious already.

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by V12
    Yeah that got the wind right up my tail as well. Branson would be well advised to recognise that this is the result you get when a proper, efficient racing team headed by proper racing people is left to get on with it. A straightforward sponsorship deal would IMO benefit all parties more, by all means plaster the cars, driver overalls, motor homes and hospitality areas with as many Virgin stickers as you want but please, please please leave it at that.
    Fortunately Ross and Nick aren't muppets.

Come to think of it, I wonder what Bernie is feeling right now?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malllen
    I wonder what Bernie is feeling right now?
    Himself?

Good luck to Brawn and the Virgin deal
    Can't wait to see the scale models of this years cars as I want a virgin, sorry I mean a Brawn :-)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sir Richard Branson really knew the right time to step in when he saw it
    Blackadder! Blackadder! With many a cunning plan,
    Blackadder! Blackadder! You horrid little man.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Was that just after he said "b...ard", claiming he didn't realise he was on TV? I mean, it's not as if the cameraman, sound man and production runner give any hints.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u