Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    Now Wade, you have said some dumb things...but that is dumb. Photo ID is EVERYTHING. It stops people from driving with the wrong licenses for starters...( if you had a suspended license, just steal someone elses...with no picture you would have no worries )

Picture ID on licenses has done much to help make law enforcement work better.....not mention to keep cheesy high school kids from drinking underage...
    what i mean is, peoples apeareces change, people grow their hair, cut their hair, grow their beird, trim their beird, change their hair color etc.........

so, photo ID is pretty much just guess work
    2009 Truck Pick'em Champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Jeez, I'm still with the old non-photo version!

It expires in a few years, so I'll finally get a photo one then. In the mean time I'm happy as it costs me nothing
    "The Jaguar's going cheap"
    "Shouldn't it be purring?" :confused:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I kept my original paper version and that is valid until I am 70, so I won't be classed as illegal.

I reported my original as lost rather than sending it in for a swap. Baffled me how the price differs by a tenner if you don't send your old 1 back when at the end of the day they are still producing the same peice of plastic!!???.....

Only had a plastic 1 done because of the hassle these days when making applications for other stuff and you don't have any photo ID!!
    Better Red than Dead :champion: :burnout:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Of course it would be beyond the wit of the DVLA to send a reminder?

I'm currently waiting for my licence as I sent it off to get the address changed and the photo updated but they sent the photocard back, not updated and apparently the counterpart is coming back at some point and I'm supposed to send it to them all over again
    Not so sure about that. I would have forgotton to keep my private number plates on retention, which would be in their favour as they would have ownership of the number to re-sell, but a very usefull reminder came in the post a few weeks before it was due.

It's not in the DVLA's interests to have a load of drivers on the road illegally, it's in the interests of the police though because it makes their solved crime figures look good everytime they've pulled someone over lol...
    Better Red than Dead :champion: :burnout:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I was being investigated when the policeman checked my drive licenses, besides my long haircut in my photograph which is now unlikely I have that long haircut anymore, they asked more accuracy of the data as it said my occupation as student of uni was more than a year earlier than average student.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade91
    what i mean is, peoples apeareces change, people grow their hair, cut their hair, grow their beird, trim their beird, change their hair color etc.........

so, photo ID is pretty much just guess work
    Not with a new photo every 3 to 5 years. No one changes THAT much. not having a photo makes the license useless. You might as well use it for toilet paper.
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".