Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GigiGalliNo1
    They do, but it's not a woop di do brand like the big 3.... or even in the top 10 of car brand sales.
    I know that our top Four are

Toyota
    Holden (General Motors / Opal)
    Ford
    Mitsubishi

After that.. it would be (if I were to guess)
    hyundai
    VW
    kia
    MBenz
    BMW
    Peugeot
    Citeron
    Renault

Basicly, I'd be surprised is Citeron aust paid for any drives for chris..

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Minke

Toyota
    Ford
    Mitsubishi

hyundai
    VW
    kia
    MBenz
    BMW
    Peugeot
    Citeron
    Renault

From April last year, couldn't find a more recent one on a quick google but should be near enough......

Manufacturer - Monthly Sales - YTD Sales
    1 - Toyota - 20,838 - 81,062
    2 - Holden - 10,187 - 44,037
    3 - Ford - 8,246 - 34,533
    4 - Mazda - 6,749 - 28,439
    5 - Mitsubishi - 5,007 - 21,697
    6 - Nissan - 4,935 - 20,375
    7 - Honda - 4,289 - 19,448
    8 - Hyundai - 3,683 - 15,058
    9 - Subaru - 3,158 - 13,473
    10 - Volkswagen - 2,440 - 10,290

FCAI give similar top 10 Australian marques for 2007.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Lightyear
    wrong.
    Did that change recently?

I would have sworn that a couple of years ago Red Bull was not allowed to be sold in France.

You learn something everyday.
    US Hillclimb and Rally Photos
    KevinHahnPhotography.com

Liked 11,208 Times in 4,448 Posts
    In mid-May, the French government gave in, reaching an agreement with Red Bull to allow the sale of the original formula. Officials had no choice because under European Union rules, a product sold in other member states cannot be banned unless there is scientific proof of a danger to consumers, said a Finance Ministry spokeswoman, Sylvie Garnier.
    June 9, 2008, International Herald Tribune
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Camelopard
    I guess my problem is that I have been a life long supporter of Ford in rallying and it saddens me to see a seat given to someone who will never make the grade, dad's money or not. There have been many threads about this and how 'Malcolm can spend his own money on what he wants to', but is it in Ford's best interest to allow this to happen?

)
    Ford have very little say in the matter as M-Sport is largely self financing and the control comes with the cash.
    I will be rich, as soon as I invent a machine that can punch a man in the face over the internet.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Lightyear
    i wouldnt be suprised that red bull's contract stipulates that there must be a french and spanish driver to cover there marketing exposure in those areas
    But isn't it Citroën's interest tho have a driver from France and Spain, its greatest markets?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

How did Skoda re-enter the AUS market?

Btw. what about Fiat and Skoda in AUS??? (thinking of Atkinson's IRC engagement...)
    While I had a visit from an Australian friend here in Europe recently, she laughed, she was really surprised, because she sees no cars of the Fabia/207/Punto class on the roads there... On the other hand she thought that Skoda Octavia/Superb would be an immediate success there...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FabiaFan
    Btw. what about Fiat and Skoda in AUS??? (thinking of Atkinson's IRC engagement...)
    While I had a visit from an Australian friend here in Europe recently, she laughed, she was really surprised, because she sees no cars of the Fabia/207/Punto class on the roads there... On the other hand she thought that Skoda Octavia/Superb would be an immediate success there...
    We get Fiat and Skoda in Aus (Skoda is VW after all). Skoda's are selling well here (according to a friend at VW).. but certainly not in the league of raising $$$ for CA...

a fair few of 207's on the road too...

Liked 360 Times in 214 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FabiaFan
    she sees no cars of the Fabia/207/Punto class on the roads there...
    There are a whole load of 206's, 306's, 405's, 207's and 307's in Australia! Seen a few Fiat Punto's and 500's around as well so don't know where she is getting her info from or she doesn't know her cars! haha There are so many small classed vehicles here... Fiesta, Focus, 207, Barina, Astra, Honda Jazz (Fit), Mitsu Colt, Corolla bla bla bla

Quote Originally Posted by Minke

Toyota
    Ford
    Mitsubishi

hyundai
    VW
    kia
    MBenz
    BMW
    Peugeot
    Citeron
    Renault

Where did you learn how to spell?

Citeron? Opal?

Citroen don't have THAT much money to endorse Atkinson... only Subaru but they've left the Rally Scene many moons ago.... Also, Subaru left Rally and its heritage and went into circuit racing, and god knows where that has gone?! Toyota have also recently left the Australian Championship... Ford never had a chance and Skoda.... they don't sell the Fabia in Aus! Well not yet..... Oh and even Honda came to Aus for the Australian Rally Championship.... but again no money or something rather....
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GigiGalliNo1
    There are a whole load of 206's, 306's, 405's, 207's and 307's in Australia! Seen a few Fiat Punto's and 500's around as well so don't know where she is getting her info from or she doesn't know her cars! haha There are so many small classed vehicles here... Fiesta, Focus, 207, Barina, Astra, Honda Jazz (Fit), Mitsu Colt, Corolla bla bla bla

Where did you learn how to spell?

Citeron? Opal?

Citroen don't have THAT much money to endorse Atkinson... only Subaru but they've left the Rally Scene many moons ago.... Also, Subaru left Rally and its heritage and went into circuit racing, and god knows where that has gone?! Toyota have also recently left the Australian Championship... Ford never had a chance and Skoda.... they don't sell the Fabia in Aus! Well not yet..... Oh and even Honda came to Aus for the Australian Rally Championship.... but again no money or something rather....
    hehe.. I can't spell.. I'll give you that..

yes you are correct in all that you've said.. Honda, Ford, Toyota and Subaru have all recently (more recent for some) left the Australian Rally C'Ship once considered the strongest national series in the world (if you believe the marketing hype)

2009 ARC will be interesting... if the ex toyota boys (Bates and Evans) can get some $$ together they'll be very strong..

Cody Crocker (Asia Pac champ) is a product of the ARC... always surprised that he didn't get a run in the WRC...