Page 79 of 81 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081 LastLast
    Liked 25 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Viking
    Petter will run his own team based in France and François-Xavier Demaison will as I understand be chief engineer.
    Some info from Petter...
    http://www.glomdalen.no/rally/article4080173.ece
    http://www.ALMrally.ru All about rally in Russian

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by swordsman
    Sure it was, true - and of course it CAN be fast. But - even if some people here doesn't believe it - I talked to Kronos/Citroen mechanics several times during the 2007 season and got the info the parts were not even close to the same for Stohl as for Duval or Loeb in 06. That's just what they said, but of course they may have lied
    Of course if Petter gets some undergraded car then "Xsara" is not competitive. However Petter is quite different from Stohl and little boys. He might actually get pretty much same car as Loeb got. I guess it's matter of negotioting.

That's interesting and possible scenario that those Xaras were substantially slower. However, Duval was very fast with Kronos-spec in Germany.
    ---------

As to Janne Tuohino he has never been lightning fast and in recent years he has been second rate driver. Just watch Tunturi rally results and last year's struggling with Subaru Impreza.
    I am a big fan of Andy Aigner

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Finni
    Of course if Petter gets some undergraded car then "Xsara" is not competitive. However Petter is quite different from Stohl and little boys. He might actually get pretty much same car as Loeb got. I guess it's matter of negotioting.

That's interesting and possible scenario that those Xaras were substantially slower. However, Duval was very fast with Kronos-spec in Germany.
    ---------

As to Janne Tuohino he has never been lightning fast and in recent years he has been second rate driver. Just watch Tunturi rally results and last year's struggling with Subaru Impreza.
    Very true! I also think thats why it took so "long" before deal was signed. I guess it would'nt take that long to get a low spec Xsara! Let's wait and see!
    Never give up...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Offcourse he has the best possible car, it will just be interesting to read where the problem is if the results dont come.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 37 Times in 21 Posts
    From what I understand Petters car is now here:

http://www.reigersuspension.com/inde...page=main&id=1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Finni

---------

Duval didn't have the "common" kronos spec car then according to them
    for fun? never! sports are serious stuff.
    my wrc/irc/rally blog: http://www.maxattack.net

Liked 304 Times in 214 Posts
    There's another "problem" for Petter, the Xsara was hardly developped around Pirelli tyres !!!

In 2007 only Gigi Galli used that combo, and struggled...

Unlike the whale, rather successfully developped for Pirelli in 2006(and after, with Paolo Andreucci)...

Liked 1,370 Times in 713 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom206wrc
    There's another "problem" for Petter, the Xsara was hardly developped around Pirelli tyres !!!

In 2007 only Gigi Galli used that combo, and struggled...

Unlike the whale, rather successfully developped for Pirelli in 2006(and after, with Paolo Andreucci)...
    Yes, but neither the Whale or the Xsara have been developed with the new heavy Control Tyres, have they ?

Liked 37 Times in 21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland
    Yes, but neither the Whale or the Xsara have been developed with the new heavy Control Tyres, have they ?
    actually I think the "old" tyres with mousse were more heavy, but the control tyres is stiffer, Reiger will sort it out

Liked 103 Times in 39 Posts
    You know Petter is testing Le Mans cars? Well with his Prodrive links, perhaps this is a possibility. From autosport.com about Aston Martin's Le Mans 24 entry:

"The Charouz driving squad of Stefan Mucke, Jan Charouz and Tomas Enge will be retained by Aston Martin Racing for the Le Mans effort and a full LMS campaign.

The trio will also be joined by Briton Darren Turner, who has won the GT1 class with Aston Martin Racing for the last two years, and Harold Primat. A sixth driver is expected to be announced shortly.

Richards added that AMR have filed three entries for the 24 Hours, but that plans for a third car are far from finalised.

"We have the first test at Paul Ricard at the beginning of March, we will enter two cars in each of the Le Mans rounds, and we will have a test programme throughout the year," he said.

"There is the hope that we will run a third car at Le Mans, and we have actually entered three cars, but the third car is not yet a certainty."

Could Petter be the sixth driver, or the third car driver?