Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What happens when support is pulled?

what happens to teams and the racing when manufacturer support is pulled?. With GM either going bust or bailed out by Xmas, Chrysler looking down the end of a barrel and Ford are already rumoured to have told teams that they shouldnt expect much money/if any money at all in the near future.

What happens to teams and equipment. Racing organisations are going to be scaled back even more. Will we see cars on the track without any manufacturer markings?, will we see the dawn of a new era?. An era i like to call "The Jap Crap Era". Where Toyota dominate the series because they have the money?.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    what happens? The teams won't spend so much, but they won't all vanish.
    And why does Toyota have all the money, and Honda for that sake? Nothing to do with sales of cars is it? And who is buying them and turning their backs on their own brands in droves? God bless the USA.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    it'll be whoever wants to jump in.

GM, Chrysler, and Ford, we'll the people who run them are idiots and I'm glad they are broke. watching the news, one guy put it best, if these companies are broke, why are the CEO's still using private jets to fly around that cost 20K to fly around the US, when they could fly commercially. plus, have you seen the cars they produce, I for one love my Mitsu
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    "Jap Crap"....gotta laugh at that...yaybe if Ford US and GM didn't produce crap it would help. Then people would buy them and not Honda, or BMW or Merc or Toyota.
    :champion: WRC3 championship, WRC4 championship, WRC4 PCWRC, WRC4 ERC
    Winner - TRD2 Bathurst:burnout:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Lightbulb

"Jap crap" is an odd term to use ...
    American auto plants use componets manufactured in Japan, Canada, Mexico & other countries ...
    I am sure some American automobiles are also assembled in Mexico & Canada ...
    the day of a true "Made in USA" automobile with 100% American parts is long past.
    2008 ESPN Stockcar Challenge MSF Champion :D
    2007 Yahoo! Boogity Boogity Boogity Champion :D

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Jesus lads lighten up a bit. For a start the question wasnt refering in anyway to what these companies produce outside of NASCAR. I wanted to start a discussion on what would happen to race teams not what on-road products were the best. And with the "Jap Crap" comment i was trying to infuse a little humour.

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Well one does affect the other, sadly. I think right now NASCAR is probably fairly low on any of their priority lists and as a result will mean far less support, if any, from them. Really it all depends on how they feel they can get out of this mess.
    :champion: WRC3 championship, WRC4 championship, WRC4 PCWRC, WRC4 ERC
    Winner - TRD2 Bathurst:burnout:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    From what i've been told my dads company based in England refused to do business with GM or Ford because neither of them had enough credit to pay them!

The future for Nascar surely cant be that bad though the kind of costs involved especially compared to formula one are tiny. I personally think Nascar will be ok the people in charge of Nascar seemed far more capable of coping with the problem than the car company’s, they will find a way.
    good luck RBR