Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Damon
    IF this happens, it SHOULD be Ryan Hunter-Reay
    He would be a deserving candidate among many others. A problem could become of his personal sponsorship from IZOD since Penske has historically had backing from Hugo Boss. May seem negligible but I know PT has missed some opportunities because of some conflicts of interest with Monster.
    It isn't the car Danica...it is the space between the steering wheel and the seat.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...motion-denied/

Looks like the replacement rumors will heat up. I'd like to see RHR get chance with Penske. Probably won't, but I wonder what he could achieve with a team like Penske.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Bourdais, hands down.
    “It used to be about trying to do something. Now it’s about trying to be someone.”

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    trial starts March 2nd.... St. Pete is 32 days away...

couple of questions

1. can the trial take that long?..... I know it can, but WILL it?

2. if found Guilty will Helio do time?
    Sarah Fisher..... Team owner of a future Indy500 winning car!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    When I started this thread I mentioned there was 1 other driver the Penske could sign but I didn't name him. A couple of people picked up on Bourdais which is who I was thinking. I still have not read where STR re-signed him. I for one would like to see himi back in a unified series driving for a top team which obviously Penske is. With the judge refusing to postpone the trial I think Penske has no choice but to sign another driver. Any thoughts?
    Let's Go Racing!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    if...BIG IF..... helio doesn't run with penske in 2009 then with the recent departure of gore I suspect will power is on his short list
    Sarah Fisher..... Team owner of a future Indy500 winning car!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    A decision may be coming sooner rather than later. I spotted this in yesterday's Hartford Courant (Nov 16):

Team Penske probably will decide within the next few weeks whether two-time Indianapolis 500 winner Helio Castroneves, who faces criminal tax-evasion charges, will keep driving for their IndyCar Series team next season, owner Roger Penske said.

The decision pivots on whether the federal court hearing the tax case decides whether to start Castroneves' trial next year or after the 2009 season, Penske said today at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana.

"If it's during the season, obviously it's very difficult for us to have him as a full-time driver," Penske said. "It would be difficult for us to have him in the car during a period of time when he would have to be preparing himself for court.

"We're going to make a decision here once we understand when there is a court date and when this process will begin," Penske said. "I think this will be answered here in the next 30 days."

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I just posted the following in the thread "What Are Penske's Options."

Team Penske probably will decide within the next few weeks whether two-time Indianapolis 500 winner Helio Castroneves, who faces criminal tax-evasion charges, will keep driving for their IndyCar Series team next season, owner Roger Penske said.

The decision pivots on whether the federal court hearing the tax case decides whether to start Castroneves' trial next year or after the 2009 season, Penske said today at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana.

"If it's during the season, obviously it's very difficult for us to have him as a full-time driver," Penske said. "It would be difficult for us to have him in the car during a period of time when he would have to be preparing himself for court.

"We're going to make a decision here once we understand when there is a court date and when this process will begin," Penske said. "I think this will be answered here in the next 30 days."

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I hope that it will be RHR and think that it will be Romain Dumas.
    Formula 1

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    If I've got this right, these are the candidates:

Oriol Servia
    Will Power
    Ryan Hunter-Reay
    Justin Wilson
    Romain Dumas
    Paul Tracy (thread wouldn't be complete without this suggestion)
    Sebastien Bourdais (if he is around)

Briscoe has showed that you can be pretty good given a season out of ALMS, but contrary to him, Dumas has no oval experience and will be a 31-year-old rookie by next season's start.