Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by woody2goody
    It's all well and good saying he isn't as good as Hamilton, but can you prove that?
    No It's just an opinion like the discussions comparing drivers from different eras. It's impossible to prove one way or another with any certainty.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by woody2goody
    It's all well and good saying he isn't as good as Hamilton, but can you prove that?

I think it's very difficult for anyone in F1 to prove they are better than anyone else.
    I can't find any proof/evidence that bunsen is even close to Lewis Hamilton. Maybe we need a better telescope/microscope.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce
    ..............and who says so?? none other than the bunsen himself : http://formula-1.updatesport.com/new...ewis/view.html

This is just beyond my comprehension, so I ask the wedges and the Beans to help me understand this interesting concept.

No ioan! I think we can let this one slip!!
    Well actually you will never know unless Jens get a good car - but even then he will probably need JV to develop it for him
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    This is not the point, Valve, although if you want to play the devil's advocate you can say that JV won the championship in his second year, like Lewis, and Button outscored JV when they were in the same team.
    But the point is that Jenson has said that he thinks that in a car as fast as the McLaren he can do as well as Lewis did. Nothing wrong with that IMO. If he has said:
    "I know that I can be a points-scorer at best", I'd have been concerned.
    Formula 1

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1boat
    This is not the point, Valve, although if you want to play the devil's advocate you can say that JV won the championship in his second year, like Lewis, and Button outscored JV when they were in the same team.
    But the point is that Jenson has said that he thinks that in a car as fast as the McLaren he can do as well as Lewis did. Nothing wrong with that IMO. If he has said:
    "I know that I can be a points-scorer at best", I'd have been concerned.
    This was my point, and perhaps you may have missed this post of mine: OK!! let's be fair about this. So let me ask, Mr boat, "what has bunsen done or achieved in his entire career that would make you think that he is as good as Lewis Hamilton?"

Bringing Jacques into this comparison is somewhat controversial, seeing that David Richards made no bones about the fact that he considered Jacques was being overpaid and that he wanted Jacques OUT of the team; to the extent that Takuma Sato announced that he would be racing in the last race in Japan before Jacques was even told he was fired.

My point here is, bunsen had absolutely no grounds to compare himself with Lewis Hamilton, and he would have been wiser to have kept his mouth shut.

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    i don't think so valve
    jens should keep his mouth open as he got dealt a sh!t hand. I don't even look at the comparison between Jens and RB - Jens is just trying to survive and knows he probably will - while RB knows he is toast and his only change to remain was to beat a heartless Jens. Brawn knows what is what and will probably right Jens next year
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Just for fun (and to wind up V.B.)

If Jenson had DC's drive last year, would he have out done Mark?
    Alright Stop; collaborate & listen.

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

Quite pointless for bunsen

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonbender
    Just for fun (and to wind up V.B.)

If Jenson had DC's drive last year, would he have out done Mark?
    Good point. But even if he had, it wouldn't show that he is as good as Lewis Hamilton though, would it!!

At the moment, I think teams like Renault, BMW, McLaren and Ferrari would prefer to look elsewhere than bunsen. Don't know about Frank - he looked a bit fazed when bunsen reneged on his deal.

Quote Originally Posted by F1boat
    A driver has to believe in his own ability. I am glad that Jenson hasn't lost his confidence after disastrous 2007 and 2008 season.

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce

My point here is, bunsen had absolutely no grounds to compare himself with Lewis Hamilton, and he would have been wiser to have kept his mouth shut.

???
    Me thinks he has been taking lessons and following the path of a certain jedi......
    to run harder and more his mouth when he not should, tis the mark of this Jedi, if a WC he would be....

Disappointed I be, for expectations much of strange talk,
    the usual nonsense from the one true knight, now crowned, gushing forth, be it where?

Seems a strange silence upon mac land has fallen.......
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer: