Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: Massa pit stop

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knock-on
    Y
    As GP2 is governed by FIA regulations and their drivers get punished for the same incidents by drive through penalites, the FIA punish the team with a credit crunch breaking £7k
    GP2 isn't governed by the FIA and it's not the FIA punishing them either. So stop making erroneous affirmations.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    You're out of your mind of course. How can you imply that it was Kimi's fault that Lewy ran into him in Canada?!

Oh and FYI the last time it happened before Valencia it was between FA and SV in Germany or Hungary I think, just to refresh your memory!
    Sorry ioan but you're reading things I haven't written.

I never said it was Kimi's fault and blamed it on Lewis at the time. Feel free to demonstrate otherwise.

I did say that there was obviously a problem in Canada as Massa had missed the pit lane exit red light the year before.

I also said that if Kimi hadn't have been side by side but was lined up as he should of been, then he wouldn't have been hit but you can disagree if you wish.

My opinion is that if they were inline, Lewis would have missed them, overshot the pit lane and been penalised. Kimi would have won and that would have been that.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    GP2 isn't governed by the FIA and it's not the FIA punishing them either. So stop making erroneous affirmations.
    How many times do I have to write the same things before you read them.

Well, I said "I think" so have no evidence.

However, the reason "I think" is for 2 reasons.

1. http://www.fia.com/en-GB/sport/regul...rtingCode.aspx

Why would the FIA have GP2 at a F1 meeting if it wasn't controlling it. As you know, FIA gas to sanction all events at a meeting.

2. GP2 already complies with FIA regulations such as the cars having to undergo FIA testing etc.

Perhaps someone else can clear this up by proving who delivered those penalties to the GP2 drivers?
    So, I went out and found the evidence.

I think is now fact.

53. General application of the Code
    All competitions and all attempts at national, international and world records promoted in a country represented on the FIA are governed by the present Code.
    Closed competitions and attempts at local records are, however, governed by the national competition rules. In those countries where no national competition rules are published, the present Code shall be enforced.

55. Promotion of competitions
    In every country a sporting competition may be organised :
    a) by the national automobile club holder of the sporting power (see Articles 3, 4 and 5);
    b) by an automobile club, or exceptionally by another qualified sporting group provided this club or association holds the necessary permit (see Article 61).

59. Unauthorised competitions
    Any proposed competition not organised in conformity with this Code or with the rules of the appropriate ASN shall be prohibited by that ASN.
    If such a competition is included in a meeting for which a permit has been granted, the permit shall be null and void. The provisions of Article 58 are applicable to any licence-holder taking part in such competitions.

61. Necessary organising permit
    No competition shall be held in any country affiliated to the FIA without an organising permit (see Article 26) issued by the competent sporting authority, i.e. by the ASN holding the sporting power (see Articles 3, 4 and 5).

http://argent.fia.com/web/fia-public.ns ... 0clean.pdf

You have to adhere to the FIA sporting regulations. That is what homogonization means.
    Argue with the sodding FIA, not me.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------