Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts
    If Ferrari were doing something to quick fill the car why didn't they do it at the first stop? If memory serves Raikkonen and Alonso pitted on the same lap for the first stop so Ferrari should have used this "quick fill" system to get the Finn ahead of the Spaniard so that he wouldn't have spent the next stint looking at the Renault's gearbox.
    Forza Ferrari!!

Liked 50 Times in 32 Posts
    Is there a pit time chart in the FIA pages? Räikkönen was missing for some reason from the formula1.com charts, comparing Massa to Alonso, they seemed to spend about the same time on the pits.
    C'est la vie ja taksi tuo.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I think Kimi was doing the right thing to drive safely to save more fuel while was behind Alonso, as all of his effort to overtake the spaniard failed, although it was obvious he drove a faster car.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think likelyhood is Kimi was saving quite a bit of fuel, he wasn't all over Alonso, you got impression he was just waiting for Alonso to stop.

But at same time, he made a mistake on his in-lap costing approx 0.8s, surely if he had been saving fuel, he'd have kept on going? Not pit the lap right after with risk of not getting infront of Alonso.

I dunno, its just confusing how they done it.

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    there is a lot of bs you could say but i am sure all refuelling rigs will be checked after the fires in the pit stops

maybe it is just a case of Kimi starting the race with more fuel and not wasting it stuck behind a slow Renault.
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

transponder problems

Quote Originally Posted by janneppi
    Is there a pit time chart in the FIA pages? Räikkönen was missing for some reason from the formula1.com charts, comparing Massa to Alonso, they seemed to spend about the same time on the pits.
    During the coverage of the race on Dutch tv it had been mentioned multiple times that keeping track of Kimi was rather difficult due to transponder failure. This might explain why he's missing and would make it really difficult to analyse the exact differences between him and Alonso.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fousto
    figuring that you can't pass at this track they could have fueled him heavy on his first stop thus allowing a few options for the second stop. I as sure all the stops are on video.
    I'd guess this is the case.

Can't believe Ferrari would use illegal rigs and there is no proof of the such.

Easiest explanation is usually the most obvious one.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud
    During the coverage of the race on Dutch tv it had been mentioned multiple times that keeping track of Kimi was rather difficult due to transponder failure. This might explain why he's missing and would make it really difficult to analyse the exact differences between him and Alonso.
    I'm sure ITV mentioned the possibility of a transponder failure as well- there was definitely a mention of Kimi having disappeared from the timing screen

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rover V8
    I'm sure ITV mentioned the possibility of a transponder failure as well- there was definitely a mention of Kimi having disappeared from the timing screen
    Have Ferrari invented time travel?

Is Kimi the new Dr Who?

Tune in for the next thrilling installment of Formula Time Warp!"

(Everybody ready?

"It's a Jump to the left..
    and then a step to the riiiiiiiiight..
    With your hands on your Hips..."

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rover V8
    I think the faulty transponder would have been responsible for false readings, therefore I would believe this to be a non-story.