Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Edmonton is broke but rescued.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/News/Edmo...03536-sun.html

(NO REFERENCE, IMPLIED OR REAL TO ANY POSTER, LIVING, DEAD, or NOT YET BORN.)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You gotta wonder. When CCWS had this race it was always pointed to as a shining success story. Now that the truth is known it makes you wonder in how bad of shape the other events were in if this was the "winner" of the schedule.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by downtowndeco
    You gotta wonder. When CCWS had this race it was always pointed to as a shining success story. Now that the truth is known it makes you wonder in how bad of shape the other events were in if this was the "winner" of the schedule.
    The respectable thing to do would be to move on, but some STILL enjoy fighting the war that no one won.

Can't say I'm surprised though. Bet you still carry your hammer to work everyday too.

snooze...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Maybe...

But the more Indycar races I see, the more I miss the Champcars, venues, paddock and grid girls.....

Maybe someday........

Things will be better...........
    :champion:car Continuing since 1909
    http://www.youtube.com/user/champcar4ever

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Truth is they all lost money and KK and GF bailed out most of the shows. One of the reasons it came to a halt. Neither saw the end of it.

I was told that this business plan was far more successful than the IRL plan. I was called names, beaten on for my knowledge, had my math called fuzzy and was told I was a Tony Bootlicker.

All because I could see that 200,000 does not equal $15,000,000 show cost, when you gave away 65,000 to free Fridays.

Reality slapped the Mayor's face but it is interesting how it still hasn't registered with the so called fans.

(NO REFERENCE, IMPLIED OR REAL TO ANY POSTER, LIVING, DEAD, or NOT YET BORN.)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jimispeed
    Maybe...

But the more Indycar races I see, the more I miss the Champcars, venues, paddock and grid girls.....

Maybe someday........

Things will be better...........

They are, if you'd open your eyes. Some of us have moved on.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garyshell
    They are, if you'd open your eyes. Some of us have moved on.

Gary

I agree Gary that things aren't bad, but we both know that other courses, and a new chassis would make it better.

I've moved on, but I know how much better it could be!!

And I'm looking FORWARD to it......
    :champion:car Continuing since 1909
    http://www.youtube.com/user/champcar4ever

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Alot of you havent moved on at all. Talk about not wanting to face the current reality - You are still stuck on trying to attack Champ Car despite that it is in the grave.

Did you guys even read the article carefully? I dont think so since quite clearly the city was eagear to have it back and funding was in place to do so and GF and KK were not funding it. It was the unification, messed up schedule and santioning fee that the IRL is imposing that almost killed the event. It seems they are predicting increased attendence and media coverage to justify the extra 2million they have to pay IRL. Reading comprehension anyone?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Whoa, do you think CC was not charging a sanction fee in Edmonton? Where does anybody talk about $2 million EXTRA? If the IRL and its competitors weren't going to get paid, why bring the show to town? If Edmonton and its new backers didn't think the race could be financially successful with the new structure it has now with the IRL, why would Edmonton and its new backers do it?