Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Andretti, Rahal on front row

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Deja Vu all over again ;-) Seems like the mid 80s.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This looks like it will be fun to watch tomorrow. This is probably the best grid the IRL could had hoped for when trying to renew the Andretti/Rahal rivalry. Too bad Foyt couldn't had been up there too.
    The Other Side - "2011 Silly Season Update" Dec 17/2010
    Bookmark Us!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Great to see, it seem like a few of the Champcar teams to pretty well today and with two young guns up front I wonder how the start will be.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Fix is in? Hmmm.... nascar2
    Keep it fast, keep it real!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It's an interesting first few rows. r1 - young guns, r2 - prob 2 best drivers from each series, r3 - 2 drivers that hate each other. I gotta wonder what Justin Wilson is up to, Graham has consistently outpaced him so far this season. And I really would not be surprised to see a crash out of row 3 if history is any indication.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FIAT1
    Fix is in? Hmmm.... nascar2
    You know, it's a valid remark, but I wonder if this would even be possible. You'd have to fix the fastest 10 drivers then guarantee within 10 hundredths that your chosen drivers are the 2 fastest in the field. I can see "the call" on debris cautions, etc. during a race, but qualifying... not so much.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nickfalzone
    It's an interesting first few rows. r1 - young guns, r2 - prob 2 best drivers from each series, r3 - 2 drivers that hate each other. I gotta wonder what Justin Wilson is up to, Graham has consistently outpaced him so far this season. And I really would not be surprised to see a crash out of row 3 if history is any indication.
    I think JW is just having difficulty getting used to ovals. He's run road courses all his career which has been longer then GR. I think he is just having more difficulty crossing over to the ovals. GR has less experience on road courses making the transition to ovals a little easier. I think he also grew up watching his father run ovals and road courses, something JW didn't.

Give him time, NHL will get JW going on the road courses if not the ovals by the the end of the season.
    The Other Side - "2011 Silly Season Update" Dec 17/2010
    Bookmark Us!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm just amazed by the huge difference in speeds from P1 to P27. Can there really be an 18 mph difference ? I'm just amazed. The race will be constant lapped vehicles and I wouldn't be amazed if by the end of the race the last car running is 20/25 laps behind. Can someone please shed some light on the speed differential. I can understand maybe a 5-10 mph difference but 18 ????
    HOO HOO HOO HOOSIERS !

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chamoo
    This looks like it will be fun to watch tomorrow. This is probably the best grid the IRL could had hoped for when trying to renew the Andretti/Rahal rivalry. Too bad Foyt couldn't had been up there too.
    CCWS also raced some ovals and Milwaukee was 1 of them.