Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad Erman
    Not true, I was there. It was in the lead up to the first Brickyard 400. RP turned several hot laps and, we were told, refused to bring it in for several more laps after he'd been told to bring it in.

Seats: Section C Front Straightaway
    Distance: 60 miles (substantially down from previous years)
    500s Attended: 1976-1995 & 2001 (even though "we" were kicking butt in '01 it no longer felt like home)
    Rooting For: Rahal, Power & Wilson
    Rooting Against: Another split
    Was it 1992 or after he retired in 1993 for the "Show and Tell" a year before the Brickyard.

Who was "we"?

(NO REFERENCE, IMPLIED OR REAL TO ANY POSTER, LIVING, DEAD, or NOT YET BORN.)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by !!WALDO!!
    Was it 1992 or after he retired in 1993 for the "Show and Tell" a year before the Brickyard.

Who was "we"?

I don't follow NASCAR closely but I'm almost certain he was retired. The "we" I refered to was (then) CART drivers 1-5 at the finish. CART was my team during the split and I am glad the war is over.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Being that it's a holiday weekend, I usually wind up missing Indy. It looks like the weather will be good, so I'm going hang gliding instead of watching the race.
    "Risk sweetens everything" - Peter Revson (1939 - 1974)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You do all the time. I try to be nice and you take a sentence out of context and use that as proof. Too bad you don’t read, the next to last time you did that, I was using the exact words of “Ken” yet you assumed they were mine.

No, you said it. Why would it stick in my mind the man that painted the picture that seem to avoiding? You said it and stuck to it. I remember everything I type or say, you deny first and then swing it as my fault.
    If you as a child had that then you know the voice I am talking about. So your 59 years on this planet based on your insistence on being always right when you just demonstrate despise for anyone that dares to question you.

Droll on? See you have no passion. Notice I did make that post first, yet I read your post and it reminded me of that “Richard Petty” email on Wind Tunnel.
    See my point is if you listened for 19 years it would be engrained like me after one.
    That is why those words and your attempts to swing away from the real issue of a person’s love of the place. I see you still didn’t read it but it was for people that cared.

If you say so, Uncle Waldo. [shakes head]

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Who was "we"?

IIRC is was the tire test in 1993 when the King drove around the Speedway. The cars is in the IMS Museum witht the background story.
    Most posters on this forum can't think past their own screen names...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I remember everything I type or say, you deny first and then swing it as my fault.

No offence, but I find that after 650 posts that being able to remember everything is a little hard to believe. 650 individual posts remembered... doubtful

don't get me wrong, some people have better memories than others (mine can be appauling at the best of times, i think forgetting my girlfriends birthday last year proves my dodgy memory), but remembering over 650 posts on some internet site... come on...
    Sir! While I disagree with what you are saying, I will fight to the death your right to spell the words incorerctly and use heinous.. grammar yo !!!

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by millencolin
    i think forgetting my girlfriends birthday last year proves my dodgy memory),
    LOL

How'd she take it?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by millencolin
    No offence, but I find that after 650 posts that being able to remember everything is a little hard to believe. 650 individual posts remembered... doubtful

don't get me wrong, some people have better memories than others (mine can be appauling at the best of times, i think forgetting my girlfriends birthday last year proves my dodgy memory), but remembering over 650 posts on some internet site... come on...
    Photographic memory, I write the words then they are remembered. I am sorry I was blessed with that and you weren't. I got 5 girlfriends and know each brithdays and even my ex-wife's which is up the day after Texas.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gofastandwynn
    IIRC is was the tire test in 1993 when the King drove around the Speedway. The cars is in the IMS Museum witht the background story.
    Interesting because I can tell you that NASCAR and IMS must have been peeved. It makes a great story but since Richard was retired he did not hold a competitors license which carries a different insurance than that of car owner. So I would assume they made him pay a hefty fine.

In 1966, a car was owned by 1960 Winner, Jim Rathmann, Gordon Cooper and Gus Grissom. One afternoon, the car was on the track and USAC noticed Art Pollard, the driver sitting on the pitwall. Finally one of the astronauts gave up Jim Rathmann as the driver. It cost the team $2,000. Serious money in 1966.

Makes no difference, hero of the Speedway or hero of racing, you must be licensed.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad Erman
    I don't follow NASCAR closely but I'm almost certain he was retired. The "we" I refered to was (then) CART drivers 1-5 at the finish. CART was my team during the split and I am glad the war is over.
    You mean 3 Ganassi Cars and 2 Penske cars? Interestingly, the two Penske cars ran Phoenix that year, thus they had to join the IRL and scored IRL points. Ganassi two drivers from CART raced on their CART license via FIA rules and Tony ran on his NASCAR license.

So only two cars were "we" and did not win.