Page 12 of 129 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PetrWRC
    Can somebody translate this text please?

"Le retour du rallye de Monte-Carlo sur les routes ardéchoises, après dix ans d'absence, est un évènement pour tous les passionnés de l'épreuve et de la discipline.

Les spectateurs sont nombreux à affluer autour de Valence et aux abords des spéciales, ce qui a contraint les organisateurs à annuler le shakedown. Celui-ci aurait dû se dérouler entre les communes de Mauves et Plats (sur la D219, à proximité de Tournon), de 9h à 12h.

L'afflux du public et le désordre qu'il provoque laisse à craindre de nouveaux contre-temps dans le déroulement du rallye. On redoute en effet une présence trop importante de spectateurs sur les spéciales."

Thanks
    The return of MC Rally on Ardèche's roads after 10 years is a great event for all passionates.
    A lot of spectators had arrived in Valence and around stages. The organisators had to cancel the Shake down...
    The huge crowd and the mess on the roads may create new problems during the rally...
    Thierry
    La violence est le dernier refuge de l'incompétence

Liked 22 Times in 10 Posts
    it doesn't bode well for the weekend does it...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PetrWRC
    Can somebody translate this text please?

"Le retour du rallye de Monte-Carlo sur les routes ardéchoises, après dix ans d'absence, est un évènement pour tous les passionnés de l'épreuve et de la discipline.

Les spectateurs sont nombreux à affluer autour de Valence et aux abords des spéciales, ce qui a contraint les organisateurs à annuler le shakedown. Celui-ci aurait dû se dérouler entre les communes de Mauves et Plats (sur la D219, à proximité de Tournon), de 9h à 12h.

L'afflux du public et le désordre qu'il provoque laisse à craindre de nouveaux contre-temps dans le déroulement du rallye. On redoute en effet une présence trop importante de spectateurs sur les spéciales."

Thanks
    "The return of the Montecarlo Rally to the roads of Ardeche, after 10 yearas of absence, it an event for all the fans of the rally and the discipline.

The affluence of spectators around Valence and on the stages has forced the organization to supress the shakedown. Which will take place between Mauves and Plats (on the D129 near Tournon) from 9 to 12.

The affluence of public and the dissorder it creates has caused the arise of new fears of incidents along the Rally. A very important presence of spectators on the stages is expected and feared by the organization"

Not perfect but you get the idea.
    There WAS nothing like rallying, Superrally is a joke!

LW Master!!!:champion:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    animrallye & Donney - thanks for translate 8-)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My bet: one of the two stages of tonight will be cancelled. I can't imagine how many people will try to attend the stages of tonight. It will be huge I think.

Manager
    Liked 73 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by animrallye
    The huge crowd and the mess on the roads may create new problems during the rally...
    What a surprise...
    There are two rules for success
    1. Never tell everything you know.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Droping the only winter tarmac event would be a real mistake imo

MJW
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgor_bay
    Droping the only winter tarmac event would be a real mistake imo
    Move Corsica to winter.

Liked 22 Times in 10 Posts
    I dont know if theres any snow on the Monte at the moment, but if not, then I imagine conditions in Ireland in November are going to be pretty similar.

Liked 304 Times in 214 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Lindstroem
    Yes i completley agree. Monte Carlo has had this problem for many years now, and FIA keeps the rally because of its status, Monte Carlo has been in the calendar for quite a while now. Its a classic event. But if they cant solve and get rid of this problem, i think they have to consider throwing it out from the calendar!

And Kenya/Safari was a long time tradition in world rallying and that didn't prevent Mr Mosley and Richards to get rid off this event !! How weired behaviour !!