Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Spot on OldF. That's a class clip
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 581 Times in 213 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Don't think so. I think it's finally twigged with Gigi that the best way to get results is to drive fast and neat rather than fast and ragged. We saw Gigi calm down a bit when he lost the Lancer seat and the 307 lifeline was thrown. Now I think he realises that the Focus is his last chance and he's doing fairly well I'd say
    Yep, the change when he was in the 307 was clear to see then, and he has smartened up again with the Stobart drive
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A.F.F.
    I want that airhead over the top Gigi back with hugely wide lines and impossible brake points. I want to feel Gigism again. I want spectacle !!! I want Hullu Gallo back.
    Under Mr Willson it doesn't work like that. I am afraid you won't see that any more unless he changes team.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    When asked about his Mitsu Gr.N times, Gigi says that he won't even recognize himself driving ...
    He was racing rallies hoping to give people the best possible show, like his idol Colin (and I think he was succeding in that).
    Now he is doing the "job", following team orders and developing as a driver to deliver manu points.

Unfortunately that means no more show for the crowds. He will never destroy tyres in the hairpins or make 60mt jumps again, can't risk to damage the car ...

He was so boring to watch in Monte (except in the SSS), but he finished the rally for the first time in his life.
    In Jordan he was trying to push and no good times. Wilson suggested him the correct style to adopt (more 'fluid' and less raging), and scored 3 consecutive SS wins.

Back in 2005 I laughed to the critics of Gigi (for his crashes and no good results at all), because they couldn't understand what he was doing.
    Gigi was so great to watch back then (see youtube video in my sign for example), I think nobody delivered that kind of show in the last 5-6 years.

Should we blame Mitsubishi withdraw for the loss of the flamboyant Gigi ? ...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Helstar
    maybe the question is, what use for a team is to have a driver who drive wide lines but never scores, maybe galli has understood this all by him self while standing watching on the bank when others drive.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Helstar
    When asked about his Mitsu Gr.N times, Gigi says that he won't even recognize himself driving ...
    He was racing rallies hoping to give people the best possible show, like his idol Colin (and I think he was succeding in that).
    Now he is doing the "job", following team orders and developing as a driver to deliver manu points.

Unfortunately that means no more show for the crowds. He will never destroy tyres in the hairpins or make 60mt jumps again, can't risk to damage the car ...

He was so boring to watch in Monte (except in the SSS), but he finished the rally for the first time in his life.
    In Jordan he was trying to push and no good times. Wilson suggested him the correct style to adopt (more 'fluid' and less raging), and scored 3 consecutive SS wins.

Back in 2005 I laughed to the critics of Gigi (for his crashes and no good results at all), because they couldn't understand what he was doing.
    Gigi was so great to watch back then (see youtube video in my sign for example), I think nobody delivered that kind of show in the last 5-6 years.

Thing is Helstar. I now respect Gigi a lot more. He is now a quick driver who with a bit more time in the car I'm sure will get some good results. Perhaps there is only so long you can rally purely to please your fans until you have to go out and get the results for yourself and prove that you are a top level rally driver. I'd rather see a driver using every inch of the road to get as much speed out of the car as possible rather than seeing a driver use all of the road to regain control of his car because he's not in control of it.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    Gigi was a quick driver whilst at Mitsubishi (unfortunately the car didn't support him) Now his speed is decided by his Team...that's very sad
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pino
    Gigi was a quick driver whilst at Mitsubishi (unfortunately the car didn't support him) Now his speed is decided by his Team...that's very sad
    Fast but not consistent. He's worked on the consistency though.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pino
    What do you mean by this?
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Fast but not consistent. He's worked on the consistency though.
    Sorry but I prefered the old "crazy" Gigi mokin: :
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life