Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Let me just say that I am a proud Conrad fan after this rally.
    His ability to aid team-mates is unrivaled in the WRC.

Just kidding! This was a freak accident and no one is to blame.

I thought the rally was pretty cool. First time we saw tactics coming into play (I remember in the silly season a lot of us scowling at the new rule), Subaru gets another podium and another retirement, and Mikko snags the first win of the season. W00T!
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 581 Times in 213 Posts
    I liked the look of the stages, the drops were unreal and nice views. Gotta be good to be going flat out and dropping a wheel over the edge....
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The man of the rally?

Dani. Definitely! Held off the Ford's for as much as possible and got a podium.
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Why some people says it is Conrad's fault, why not Loeb's fault?
    For me only the FIA and organizers to blame using the same road section for entrance and exit.

As I read somewhere, Conrad was 10km/h and Loeb was 7km/h. Who to blame then? It was just a normal accident both of them share the responsability in it.

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Even it payed off for Finns, I hate tactics.

I miss the last year's starting system. Fastest man should win, not the smartest. If smartest man wins, I'm not gonna win.. ever.
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tmx
    another boring rally.

Are you sure we were following the same rally?

This year Argentina and Jordan have renewed my interest in the WRC from a viewer stand point...
    US Hillclimb and Rally Photos
    KevinHahnPhotography.com

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I can't wait to hear Daniel's 'new' thoughts about Conrad

ps. I missed the forum a lot ;'

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bowler
    we can't have been watching the same results :-)

Barry Clark--amazing
    Latvala excellent drive, and bad luck
    sordo-- great drive

interesting surface, good event

congrats to Mikko

Atkinson on podium again

sure was boring........................

Can't wait for an exciting rally
    It was unpredictable some aspect (Sordo being very fast, Rautenbach's big mistake (not his fault, but I have a feeling Citroen team don't appreciate it very much). I think I was complaining because I was hoping for once that none of the drivers would have problems, not too early anyway, especially for a new rally like Jordan, it would reveal a little more about the performance of each drivers compared to each others (even though we have some a good idea about the top three). The leaderboard in the end has such big gap. For a moment the top eights was seperated for less two minutes, I was hoping for a three or four way fight for the win by the end of the rally, when was the last time that happened again?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tmx
    It was unpredictable some aspect (Sordo being very fast, Rautenbach's big mistake (not his fault, but I have a feeling Citroen team don't appreciate it very much). I think I was complaining because I was hoping for once that none of the drivers would have problems, not too early anyway, especially for a new rally like Jordan, it would reveal a little more about the performance of each drivers compared to each others (even though we have some a good idea about the top three). The leaderboard in the end has such big gap. For a moment the top eights was seperated for less two minutes, I was hoping for a three or four way fight for the win by the end of the rally, when was the last time that happened again?

In some aspects you are hoping for the impossible.

In this rally we had tight battles, new challengers for the victory, unexpected twists and turns, a new winner (3rd this season in 5 events, when was the last time we had that?) and a battle going into the last day/ last loop of stages.

The norm for the season has been after day one everybody "will try to push but not take many risks". They are all settled into position and with the availability of splits can sit back and monitor their competition to protect their position. We don't get battles unless someone has a spin, gets a punctures, or has a moment, because everybody is already so spread out. In Jordan the teams were close enough that "tactics" (I'm sorry, I am a fan, I like the intrigue and mental strategy, the struggle to balance risk with reward) impacted the result, it has been almost half a decade since that was even possible...

It was a stunning rally I say...
    US Hillclimb and Rally Photos
    KevinHahnPhotography.com

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    What was wrong, forum was down the whole weekend ?
    Passion will make you crazy, but is there a other way to live ? :burnout: