Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I take it truckmonster's Sonny then KJB???!!!! Racing 59 hit a nerve there??
    make love not war.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    if he is ..... you'll be getting more points!!!!!!
    "Don't wait for your ship to come in..swim out and meet the bloody thing" Barry Sheene 1950-2003

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I don't have a problem with Pickups what so ever, and if you read my previous posts, I see them as a major part of a package that could be very successful, more so than it is now.

However, what I did forget, is that Sonny has done a deal with MN, a sort of co-sponsorship sort of you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours, and that takes business nous. In some ways, yes, SHP have paid for that page, but since you see MN as a sponsor of the series it all makes perfect sense.

I'm not going to apologise for people thinking that I have some sort of anti-pickup feeling, because I don't.

Put a V8 in one, and I'll race it!

In fact put a V6 in it and I'll consider it.

If only Rockingham, the BRSCC, the BARC, or similar did something like that, but in more mainstream publications where Mr Josef Public reads, then I'd be really impressed as it would give the venue the publicity it deserves.

So, in short, YES the article does have something to do with SHP/PuT Racing.
    Was there anything wrong with it, NO, very much NO. If it helps Kelly get back out racing, then brilliant, and I mean that sincerely.

Rob.
    Team Air Ambulance - Rookie Champions 2007. Support your local air ambulance charity

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tractorboy.
    I take it truckmonster's Sonny then KJB???!!!! Racing 59 hit a nerve there??
    I aint Sonny, just someone who believes in what he does for our sport.If some thing positive is in the press we dont need,negative comments from others who obviously have a problem with it,maybe racing 59 should "pay" for some media coverage for the V8s.
    The future is always Oval

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truckmonster
    maybe racing 59 should "pay" for some media coverage for the V8s.
    Why is he running the series, and at rockingham, i dont think so
    Theres only 1 Tony Hurdle, 1 Tony Hurdle, theres only 1 Tony Hurdleeeeeeeeee

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wink

I aint Sonny, just someone who believes in what he does for our sport.If some thing positive is in the press we dont need,negative comments from others who obviously have a problem with it,maybe racing 59 should "pay" for some media coverage for the V8s.
    Hi truckmonster i think that other people should get the interveiw who is running the full season if not it seems to be kjw who gets the chances what about john stant a good lad who also deserves a chance too doesnt he

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sorry Kelly Jane gets my vote

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Any news for pick ups is good news we dont want to go down the path of the SCSA,s some people dont even know Rockingham exists so artice in MN is good, if its Kelly Jayne or Whoever!!!!!!
    The future is always Oval

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Any news for pick ups is good news we dont want to go down the path of the SCSA,s some people dont even know Rockingham exists so artice in MN is good, if its Kelly Jayne or Whoever!!!!!!
    i agree just my apinion lol

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A race fan
    Hi truckmonster i think that other people should get the interveiw who is running the full season if not it seems to be kjw who gets the chances what about john stant a good lad who also deserves a chance too doesnt he
    If other people who are running the full season should get the interview why would it be John Stant (nice man that he is), he's not racing at all this year.
    Surely it makes sense to use somebody who has a high profile hence KJW, everybody in truck racing deserves the same praise but they don't all look as good (sorry fellas) or attract as much attention as Kelly, any lady racer in any formula makes for good PR.
    Why is it that as soon as something positive about pickuptruck racing appears in a motorsport publication certain people who all appear to be associated with v8's start having a dig about who paid for it or who Sonny might be disguised as or just deriding truck racing in general, if it had been an article on the V8/VSR series i would have been more than happy for you.
    I only started the post as i thought it might be of interest to people who don't read MN i didn't realise it would cause controversy i thought now the forum was called VSR V8 Trophy and Pickup Trucks it would be looked on as a positive step in gaining coverage for Rockingham/oval racing which can only be a good thing keeping the oval in the spotlight especially for the hopeful future return of the V8's, hmmmm maybe i shouldn't have bothered!
    if you want it done properly do it yourself.