Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If Sarah Fisher had won.

I know Sarah Fisher was not in the race Saturday/Sunday, but say that she was and won the race, how would the media react to her winning the race, would they have been all over her, following her every move, trying to get that first interview with her, it seem when Danica came along Sarah was push aside and forgotten.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Champcar4life
    I know Sarah Fisher was not in the race Saturday/Sunday, but say that she was and won the race, how would the media react to her winning the race, would they have been all over her, following her every move, trying to get that first interview with her, it seem when Danica came along Sarah was push aside and forgotten.
    No, because she will not be the first. Nobody cares who is the 2nd or 3rd person to do something. And when Danica came along, Sarah was gone running nascar.
    Most posters on this forum can't think past their own screen names...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I like Sarah Fisher better than Danica... But remember Sarah Fisher is still the first woman to sit on pole for an Indycar race. (In fact, I was there!) As I recall, it was a pretty big deal and it was reported by several mainstream news outlets. Even though Sarah Fisher didn't have the Maxim or SI Swimsuit spreads, the annoying parents, or the cocky demeanor, she was the toast of Indycar!* But as it happened, Felipe Giaffone won for Mo Nunn, and the story faded into obscurity. So I don't think it has to do with Danica, the individual, but instead with being the first woman to climb onto the top step of an Indycar podium. Although being Danica, with a heck of alot of name recognition, sure accentuated the story.

As for Sarah, she's forgotten, but not gone! She's supposed to run 3 races (including the 500 and Sparta) in her new owner-operated team. I'm not optimistic on the package, but it'll be nice to see her back in the series.

* At least for the night. As I recall, Jason Priestly almost got killed in an IPS race the following morning, which dampened the mood...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gofastandwynn
    No, because she will not be the first. Nobody cares who is the 2nd or 3rd person to do something. And when Danica came along, Sarah was gone running nascar.
    The supposition was PAST tense, asking what if Sarah HAD been at Motegi and won.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Champcar4life
    If I'm comprehending this right, your asking if Sarah had been 1st woman to win would it still be as big media story. It would still be a big story, but Danica had a level of hype and celebrity that Sarah does not. Sarah would still have been on Letterman and have stories written across media, but Danica's fame takes it to another level or two.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ok, are you saying it's down to looks which is more to do with marketablillty ( if thats a word). Sarah when she was first in the IRL was somewhat un-glamorous probably as she wanted to be taken seriously. AFter DP SArah slapped on a bit of lipstick and we are off....she looks better now than she did. Just goes to show it's still a mans world.

People get annoyed when DP slips on her Bikini and does a photo shoot, I think its great, it does highlight the series. I get annoyed when she storms off and doesn't do an interview because she made a mistake.

So back to the thread, No I don't think it would have been such big news if Sarah had one.

The BBC website said DP had won, but it really was no big deal. She's more likely to go to Honda than Marco is I think...
    Indy cars says bye to Sky. Yeah baby.......

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It would have been a big deal - but not quite a big - Danica is more publicity savvy and definitely enjoys the limelight more... thus she gets more attention. I do not think it is necessarily about looks (Danica is attractive - but not any more so than many women) - I think it is about self promotion and willingness to participate in the frenzy. If Sarah Fisher (or Danica Patrick) looked like Kelly Osbourne but promoted the heck out of herself it would have been just as big of a deal... it is about playing the game which Danica does far better than Sarah ever did.....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris R
    It would have been a big deal - but not quite a big - Danica is more publicity savvy and definitely enjoys the limelight more... thus she gets more attention. I do not think it is necessarily about looks (Danica is attractive - but not any more so than many women) - I think it is about self promotion and willingness to participate in the frenzy. If Sarah Fisher (or Danica Patrick) looked like Kelly Osbourne but promoted the heck out of herself it would have been just as big of a deal... it is about playing the game which Danica does far better than Sarah ever did.....
    I disagree. 1) Sarah was voted the most likeable driver in Indy Car for years, and it wasnt based on her looks. It was because her personality. Danica could learn a thing or two from her.

No it would not be that big of deal, as when she was on the pole, no one really cared in the media. Sure it got some hits, but nothing like Danica gets. The only reason why Sarah would not get the same attention, is because of how she looks. Legge, use to compete with the boys, actually has a better win percantage than Danica, and yet got virtually no attention.

Its looks nothing more, nothing less.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    No, it would not be as big as a deal, because...

Danica's 'hot'
    Sarah's 'not'

sad to say...
    (these are not my viewpoints on if they are attractive or not)
    I Would Rather Be A Savage Little Elephant, Than Be A Big Bald Bull

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Well, Starter, IMO Danica is truly better-looking
    Formula 1