Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headline...23085941.shtml

Rubens Barrichello has received an offer to see out his long motor racing career in America, according to reports.

The German newspaper Bild claims the 35-year-old, who next month will set a new benchmark as the longest serving grand prix driver in history, has been asked to run with the Andretti-Green IndyCar team in 2009.

Barrichello's current contract with the F1 team Honda, owned by the Japanese marque that also equips Andretti-Green – and the series - with engines, runs out at the end of 2008.

Bild raises the possibility of a seat 'swap'; Barrichello to IRL in exchange for Andretti-Green's Marco Andretti, the 21-year-old American son of former McLaren driver Michael Andretti, whose own father Mario won the world championship in 1978.

Reportedly, the American broadcaster Speed TV cited Barrichello as confirming the offer.

Marco Andretti has already collected about 900 kilometres of testing in a Honda F1 car
    Most posters on this forum can't think past their own screen names...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Nepotism sucks. He aint that good period.
    HELLO CHAMPCAR!! WAKE UP!! ARE YOU THERE??!!?? HELLLLLOOOOOO!!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Marco is not good enough for F-1 - he makes too many "rookie" mistakes - breaking half-shafts on a car is has no excuse not to be used to by now is just plain crazy....

Notice to all IndyCar forum members.......

The article is from Bild, the German tabloid/gutter press publication. Think National Enquirer with umlouts.

It is therefore only to be rated as 'Stierausscheidung'

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well a Few thoughts:

First, Never thought spinning out on the first lap at Honda's "home" race would leave such a good impression : Wonder if this is Button's choice? After last year I would have thought that this would be how Alonso would pick his team-mates, hadn't realised Jensen was that insecure too :

With the Potential of Super Aguri closing shop, I would think either driver would be higher up on the "Honda F1 driver" ladder. Davidson just for his loyalty, Sato for his spirited race in Montreal last year.

With Rahals win, I would expect (not that its likely) that any F1 team looking towards Indy for talent should probably hold off a little longer before they make any decisions.

Barrichello in Indycars would be great, but considering he will be breaking the most career starts in F1 record this year it may come off as a driver that is to old for F1, be nice if it was a younger F1 race winner, comming over. (But heck once he has some oval experience, once Rubens is to old for Indycars, he can step right into Nascar : )

Well Depending on the Super Aguri outcome, if they are still around, and are still partnered up with Honda next year, then it might make a little more sense for Marco to spend a season with that team. Spending a year at Minardi hardly hurt Alonso's career...
    The Preceding post may have contained nudity, sexuality, violence, coarse language and Jacques
    Villeneuve and is intended for a mature audience, parental guidance is advised.
    So you wanna know what the PS Stands for.

Liked 65 Times in 28 Posts
    The manufacturers are of course firstly interested in winning. But if that doesn't work, they need to get exposure another way. Andretti to F1 would generate a huge amount of interest to the Honda F1 team. If instead Davidson got the seat, nobody would care. I don't think any driver can make something out of that Honda, so they might as well go with the guy who gives the most exposure.
    But, I still think this scenario won't happen.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    poss on Barrichello, very unlikely on Marco. Yes, he did win at Sonoma, but no way he'll be ready for F1 at the end of this season. And after Michael's experience I see no possible way he would let Marco go to a weak team. Marco would be in and out within the year. The endless IndyCar silly season has panned out pretty well, but this is one rumor I'd take with a huge grain of salt.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'd like to see Barrichello in Indycar, even if its only for the road courses. But I don't think Marco is going anywhere until he wins the series outright. (If it ever happens).

Alternatively, I have my own wild Honda related-prediction: Takuma Sato to Indycar, possibly in place of Mutoh.

It's on my Indycar wish list along with Walker Racing, Paul Tracy, A.J. Allmendinger, Scott Speed, and Sam Hornish Jr.

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    It'd be much more likely to see one of the ex-CCWS guys in F1. Even then, the chances of that are approximately 0%.

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    It's been rubbished, unsurprisingly.
    http://www.autosport.com/news/grapevine.php/id/66812