Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: John Mickel

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

John Mickel

Is it true John Mickel was pulled in for been too slow at the rock today?I think he finished last in the first race.
    The future is always Oval

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wink

Not quite right, he came in with a problem went out again and then got a drive through penalty for holding up Michael Smith while being lapped.
    To be fair John did say that he thought he would struggle to get on the pace our trucks are completely different to the craftsman trucks he's been driving and very difficult to set up spot on, and of course expectations were that he was going to do well (more pressure).
    if you want it done properly do it yourself.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    He came in because he cloinked the wall - he had a nice pair of whitewall tyres fitted to the right hand side of his truck.

I *think* it might have been T4 - a lot of guys were scraping the wall in there during race 1.
    Scrumpy, scrumpy, scrumpy, SLEDGEHAMMER!!!
    Colin and Keith: the WHITE Stuff! :up:
    SCSA Pickems Champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    He was way off the pace all day though!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Reynard
    He came in because he cloinked the wall - he had a nice pair of whitewall tyres fitted to the right hand side of his truck.

I *think* it might have been T4 - a lot of guys were scraping the wall in there during race 1.
    Wilky got an awesome turn 4 wall kiss in race 1, he went round about half the turn but it was so light it just rubbed the tyre and a bit of the arches; the rims weren't touched at all.
    If its got breasts or an engine, its gonna cost you...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think Gav Seager should be in the craftsman truck!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truckmonster
    Is it true John Mickel was pulled in for been too slow at the rock today?I think he finished last in the first race.
    Probably wondering where his V8 was
    Theres only 1 Tony Hurdle, 1 Tony Hurdle, theres only 1 Tony Hurdleeeeeeeeee

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abo
    Wilky got an awesome turn 4 wall kiss in race 1, he went round about half the turn but it was so light it just rubbed the tyre and a bit of the arches; the rims weren't touched at all.
    In that case, can you please tell Wilky that his truck doesn't taste too good... I managed to get a mouthful of the rubbings as I was down in T4 for race 1. Gritty and rubbery comes to mind.
    Scrumpy, scrumpy, scrumpy, SLEDGEHAMMER!!!
    Colin and Keith: the WHITE Stuff! :up:
    SCSA Pickems Champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pickup
    Not quite right, he came in with a problem went out again and then got a drive through penalty for holding up Michael Smith while being lapped.
    To be fair John did say that he thought he would struggle to get on the pace our trucks are completely different to the craftsman trucks he's been driving and very difficult to set up spot on, and of course expectations were that he was going to do well (more pressure).
    i seen it as that he held every one up even the two grindrod brothers as they went to lap him

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    He rubbed the wall between turns 2 and 3 while passing Michael Smith. The talk in the paddock was the #93 drifted up the track and put #5 in the wall. After the race the #5 crew were repairing the truck and there was lots of bent suspension bars on the floor around the truck, the axle had been moved across as well. Overheard crew discussing the engine was lacking fuel pressure - so a bad day all round.