Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knock-on
    PML
    Bladder control problems? If hell freezes over and I ever find myself on the "Hamilton" bus, I'll be sure to be carefull who I set next to :

When you have people like Tazio quoting JV as the font of all knowledge, it warms the cockles of my heart. The more people bash him, the more is demonstrates just how worried they are.

I love it
    When someone post something of this caliber, it also gives me that warm fuzzy feeling... I get it everytime I know for certain that I am right!!!

Tazio was just referencing an article, quoting 2 drivers not just one, guess you hadn't noticed, or choose not to read the whole article

I also was gonna question the validity of it in this thread because it had nothing to do with hand gestures, but then on further thinking, it is all about the respect, or lack of, where LH is concerned...

The Schumi chop, not a member of the drivers safety thing, his safety car and qualifying antics, flipping off the undeserving, risking public safety all point to a lack of respect, and I don't care who points this out, doesn't change the facts... Hamiltons action clearly point that he is only concerned about 1 person... What would the podium celebration's looked like had Rosbergs and Hamilton's positions been reversed? I can almost positive that they wouldn't have acted like a bunch of school girls who just gotten backstage passed to a justin timberlake concert... If Kovy happens to be ahead of Hamilton after halfway threw the season? You you bet against LH doing everything he can to stepon, over and ahead of his team-mate? I wouldn't...

LH clearly shows a lack of respect, I hope that if he ever loses control of his car at 200kmh and kills someone as a result, I hope your his defence attourney, would make for an interesting trial

Another "LH bashing thread" is the common response to his faithfull, forgeting that he is not the first to be critized for these forms of actions, just Hamilton seems to be an attention hog, and makes sure he is in the press regularly... maybe afraid of being the next Button....
    The Preceding post may have contained nudity, sexuality, violence, coarse language and Jacques
    Villeneuve and is intended for a mature audience, parental guidance is advised.
    So you wanna know what the PS Stands for.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    PML

"Hamilton shows disrespect for water" claims "has been" driver. "He should have fallen in and drowned like a normal person"

When you have people like Tazio quoting JV as the font of all knowledge, it warms the cockles of my heart. The more people bash him, the more is demonstrates just how worried they are.

I love it
    good one
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    PML

"Hamilton shows disrespect for water" claims "has been" driver. "He should have fallen in and drowned like a normal person"

I love it
    Nice!

Barcelona will be the deciding factor.
    Whoever wins that race will be able to finger, I mean, give the finger to anyone.
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan
    This is not about the gesture , but whether it was deserved .
    I disagree! It is about the gesture no matter which driver is giving it - LH, FA, DC, etc. It is meant to be an offensive gesture, there is no denying that. Things are made worse because it is broadcast to a worldwide audience. The sponsors (many whose names are visible in the same shot while giving the finger) can't be too happy about that! RD should be concerned about his sponsors.

To give a more local example, suppose you are in heavy traffic and for whatever reason the guy next to you gives you the finger. You notice his company's logo on the side of his truck. How do you feel about that company at that moment?

All drivers should be banned from making obscene gestures. A simple shaken fist would get the point across that you are angry and would be less offensive.

As I stated before, you are being viewed on a large screen in front of an audience that consists of numerous cultures. Is that the message you want to send them about the level of maturity and sportsmanship in your sport?
    "You can mop the blood up later." - R.A. Lafferty

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Why is this such an issue now? Drivers have been making gestures like this for years and yet suddenly, when Lewis Hamilton does it, there is outrage among some

It's funny that Frentzen should chirp in on the subject. Has he forgotten this?
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    To solve this sponsors should put their money into sunday religious services.

These are men or women( have to be politically correct) at tension, with emotions runing at their peak. I think drivers in a race should be worried about fuel, tires, oponents, strategies and stuff like. That's the very reason why people watch them. On top of that, I'm a viewer and I enjoy a good finger, and I know as a fact that I'm not the only one. Formula one is life not what some would like to be life. You can't ban racers from being human.

Cheers
    David
    Take the pedal to the metal

Liked 649 Times in 514 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OTA

You can't ban racers from being human.
    Cheers
    David
    No!
    Only expect them to use the one finger salute when it is called for!
    Not during a fair fight for position on track. Capice?
    May the forza be with you

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wmcot
    To give a more local example, suppose you are in heavy traffic and for whatever reason the guy next to you gives you the finger. You notice his company's logo on the side of his truck. How do you feel about that company at that moment?
    WTF? I expect the average trucker to behave like that. You ever had to suffer the language from these amoebae when havin the misfortune to sit in a motorway service station in close proximity to a bunch of truckers (no phoenetic pun intented)....

Still, if you were driving an F1 car, in the heat, frustated at cocking up, you'd just wind the window down and shout, 'I say, would you mind moving over old chap, I'm in rather a hurry'?

Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    And I guess it would be .... who declares it appropiate.

Cheers
    David
    Take the pedal to the metal

Liked 649 Times in 514 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OTA
    And I guess it would be .... who declares it appropiate.

Cheers
    David
    It is never appropriate, or acceptable when in a fair fight for position on track.
    It is acceptable, and deserved if you are a back marker holding up a car in the process of lapping you.
    WTF! It doesn't take a genius to get this!
    May the forza be with you