Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio
    Thank you!
    Because what you expressed in this post elaborate's on my reasoning for starting it!
    Some of Ron's comments are quite bazarre!
    I like the use of the "bazarre" word there!
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ottostreet
    ridiculous. heikki had no problems at IMO the most difficult race of last season (Fuji), and that was close to the end of the season. he had no problems finishing in second place, and holding off the to be world champion raikkonen. now, i do possibly agree with the fitness and mental preperation thing, but to suggest that by taking on heikki, ron dennis has personally been responsible for the salvation of a particularly mentally tough finn, who, on the face of it, had a pretty damn good rookie season, is to be an insult to the finn. kovy was unlucky at reno, seeing as how briatore wanted fernando and piquet jnr. this year. however, kovy was not mclarens first choice either. if, and this is a big if, kovy had been relentlessly pursued by mclaren when alonso left, then i think ron would have grounds for this claim. but, he wasn't. just after heikki has outqualified and outraced lewis, these comments start emerging.
    We all know how big a hypocrite Ronald is, so in the end this is not a surprise to me.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    I think that RD tries now to emphasize just how fair he is to his drivers and how glad he is for HK.

I don't buy it.

Liked 50 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ottostreet
    but to suggest that by taking on heikki, ron dennis has personally been responsible for the salvation of a particularly mentally tough finn, who, on the face of it, had a pretty damn good rookie season, is to be an insult to the finn.
    When and where has Dennis said that?
    kovy was unlucky at reno, seeing as how briatore wanted fernando and piquet jnr. this year. however, kovy was not mclarens first choice either. if, and this is a big if, kovy had been relentlessly pursued by mclaren when alonso left, then i think ron would have grounds for this claim. but, he wasn't. just after heikki has outqualified and outraced lewis, these comments start emerging.
    As I said earlier, These comments have not just surfaced after the last race, Dennis was quoted daying the pretty much same thing in a Finnish F1 site March 13'th, also Whitmars has said all along that Kovalainen has constantly developed better as he get's more integrated with the team.
    C'est la vie ja taksi tuo.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by janneppi
    When and where has Dennis said that?

http://www.itv-f1.com/news_article.aspx?id=42133
    in this article. he claims that "Heikki is a guy who was systematically taken apart last year and we have systematically put him back together again,"

As I said earlier, These comments have not just surfaced after the last race, Dennis was quoted daying the pretty much same thing in a Finnish F1 site March 13'th, also Whitmars has said all along that Kovalainen has constantly developed better as he get's more integrated with the team.
    http://www.itv-f1.com/news_article.aspx?id=42133
    in this article. he claims that "Heikki is a guy who was systematically taken apart last year and we have systematically put him back together again,"

i cant argue with your second point!
    I didn't know chickens were capable of being vicious.

Unless Ron suddenly has began talking about himself in third person it's quite a bit more propable that by "we", he refers to McLaren as a team.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i think mclaren may be trying to generate public empathy by claiming that they were the only ones to have faith in this sad, broken little man that they took under their wing, and have now nursed back to full health. its this particular image that i have a problem with. mclaren did NOT show faith in heikki. its common knowledge that nico was their first choice. after alonso and nico were ruled out, who was the best option. heikki got the seat by a process of elimination (well thats how it appears anyway). and by ron referring to "we", i would assume he means the team McLaren yes, seeing as how he is the public face of mclaren. i dont disagree with your point about ron making these comments a fortnight ago, i didnt know that. i assumed that he had made them after malaysia, which, by comparing his two drivers comparative performances, really makes ron look like a fair weather kind of employer.
    I didn't know chickens were capable of being vicious.

I'd say the comments are more of a jab towards Briatore, who has made several comments on how badly Dennis handels his drivers.

The fact is Heikki got shafted at Renault, the car was rubbish and Briatore wen't looking for Alonso halfway to the season. Not exactly the perfect way to motivate your driver.

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Funny, I would have thought that HK is just another "recycled driver" from Renault, like that other character they got last year and then dumped.....

or getting worried about not getting credit or something....

or maybe just worrried that the number two at Renault becomes number one @ mac, that ole Flavio may get credit or something

or maybe he is trying to avoid HK having the feelings that FA got when he too, gets put in his proper place behind the true Mac-Knight and Lord Protector of English Virginity.

OTOH, we all know that Mac and RD always tell the truth, nothing but the truth, and only the truth, each and everytime one of their mouths move, so help me God, so be silent, you doubters and herectics
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    wow, there's some pent up energy here.
    J