Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If the recent trend is any indication I do not believe that Indycar drivers are striving to get to F1. If anything they will try to move up to NASCAR. Even, F1 drivers are intrigued by NASCAR not the other way around. Formula One is a place where only 2 teams have any shot at winninig the races are pretty much parades with little passing and are really boring to watch. They aren't the greatest drivers in the world because they only race on one type of course...road courses. The one street race circuit they have allows for very little passing because the width of Monaco is so narrow. As much as I hate to say it NASCAR is where most driver want to race read the post from Aussie V8, F1 champions in NASCAR and Indy Champions in NASCAR. I lose a lot of respect for F1 in the way that it treated the American fans at Indy ...who cares about thef-1 parade!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ezhop7
    Formula One is a place where only 2 teams have any shot at winninig the races

Make that 3 teams this year the BMW Sauber team is looking pretty strong.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken
    and i was only referring the 'Aggressiveness' on track

personnally I have always felt "the Pass" was bunk....and set the tone for the next couple of seasons....where Zanardi ran rampant...he made some questionable passes IMO....and played on his reputation...CART allowed him some leway and IMO encouraged it because he WAS good for the sport....but Ultimatly he was repremanded at a canadien race (can't rememberif it was Vancouver or Toronto)

we have all seen Helio go 'wheel to wheel'...and run fast and smooth.....but 'aggressive'?...naw, not like Zanardi did during his Championship seasons
    And don't forget Zanardi popularized NASCAR's biggest way to celebrate. The dough-nut !!!!
    get a 1994 Lola or Reynard and put a Cosworth engine in it, sounds great, runs great, looks great...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by indycool
    Ken, maybe you're right and I didn't watch Zanardi closely enough....still wish we'd gotten to see him run Indy.....but I just didn't put him in an aggressive class with a Tracy or Mario.
    Michael always wanted to know where Zanardi was at.
    get a 1994 Lola or Reynard and put a Cosworth engine in it, sounds great, runs great, looks great...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If the recent trend is any indication I do not believe that Indycar drivers are striving to get to F1. If anything they will try to move up to NASCAR. Even, F1 drivers are intrigued by NASCAR not the other way around. Formula One is a place where only 2 teams have any shot at winninig the races are pretty much parades with little passing and are really boring to watch. They aren't the greatest drivers in the world because they only race on one type of course...road courses. The one street race circuit they have allows for very little passing because the width of Monaco is so narrow. As much as I hate to say it NASCAR is where most driver want to race read the post from Aussie V8, F1 champions in NASCAR and Indy Champions in NASCAR. I lose a lot of respect for F1 in the way that it treated the American fans at Indy ...who cares about thef-1 parade!
    First: Two formula one drivers moved to NASCAR when their formula one adventure was over, Neither Villeneuve nor Montoya had any chance to get a competetive car in f1 anymore...

You can't say, they aren't the greatest drivers because of the tracks and the number of teams winning races or the less passing... Thats a joke, because it's not the driver's fault.
    Racing is a a business. The best teams want the best drivers. Drivers want to drive the most competetive car and want to earn money. So the best drivers of the world will always be there where the money is. For U.S-Americans that's NASCAR for the rest of the world it's formula one.
    By the way: You can't ignore the reputation a formula one world championship has.
    Do you think drivers like Kanaan, Castroneves, Dixon, Briscoe, Wheldon an so on would be in ICS if they had a chance of driving in f1? They all went to america because the doors in europe were closed. There were times, when Indy was the second choice. But these times are over. If they can't race f1 anymore, they look for NASCAR, DTM, Sportscars before they think about Indy. That's the way it is!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman
    First: Two formula one drivers moved to NASCAR when their formula one adventure was over, Neither Villeneuve nor Montoya had any chance to get a competetive car in f1 anymore...

You can't say, they aren't the greatest drivers because of the tracks and the number of teams winning races or the less passing... Thats a joke, because it's not the driver's fault.
    Racing is a a business. The best teams want the best drivers. Drivers want to drive the most competetive car and want to earn money. So the best drivers of the world will always be there where the money is. For U.S-Americans that's NASCAR for the rest of the world it's formula one.
    By the way: You can't ignore the reputation a formula one world championship has.
    Do you think drivers like Kanaan, Castroneves, Dixon, Briscoe, Wheldon an so on would be in ICS if they had a chance of driving in f1? They all went to america because the doors in europe were closed. There were times, when Indy was the second choice. But these times are over. If they can't race f1 anymore, they look for NASCAR, DTM, Sportscars before they think about Indy. That's the way it is!
    Exactly. At least 90% of young racers from all over the world dream of driving an F1 car. The rest are young Americans hoping to be the next Dale Earnhardt or Jeff Gordon.
    \"Tha Realest\"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Boy, you are so wrong.
    \"Tha Realest\"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    LuguiStone and Spiderman go ask Montoya and Speed why they did not stay in F-1 and jacque could have stay in F-1 too. Seems to me that both Speed and Montoya still have lots of drive left in the tank. Maybe the scene in europe is just to much to take if you don't run with Ferrari or Mclaren, hmm you'll be a backmarker. Seems to me that you answered your question about Kaanan and Wheldon...they be in NASCAR before the high class F1 owners hire either of them. The best drivers are not in F1...most of the rides beside the top 4 teams are all money bought rides. Sato, Force India, Jensen Button, Mark Webber, and the rest I can't even pronounce are not the best driver in the world.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    OK, live in denial all you want.
    \"Tha Realest\"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Emerson Fittipaldi came out of retirement after an F1 career and went Indy car racing, won two Indianapolis 500s, and enjoyed himself a lot more than he did in F1. He excelled in both. So did Mansell. EVERYONE who has come out of F1 to Indy cars has not done this. Mario Andretti came out of sprint cars to win an F1 title. But everyone who has gone from Indy cars to F1 has not done well, either (or had competitive rides, I might add). There is no way to categorize EITHER as the BEST drivers because of the series they happen to be in......or Steve Kinser or John Force or Jeff Gordon, for that matter.