Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris333
    And why wouldn't Indycar want one of the best drivers in North America in their series? It's not like any of the established IRL "stars" were helping them any.
    I agree that ICS would "want" PT, probably the only recognizable CCWS 'name' driver to the average race fan.

I think Forsythe knows that too and he is hoping that someone will come along (TG ???) and buy out his expensive contact obligation, but he's not letting PT go for free.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weeflyonthewall
    Is the architect of "CRAPWAGON" terminology welcome in ICS circles?
    C'mon, weefly, everybody said some rather cold blooded things in the heat of the open wheel war. No can honestly wear the white hat in this deal. And you can believe PT still doesn't like the cars, but for the sake of open wheel racing, he's saying all the right things for now, hoping the sports rebuilds, which is what we all say we want. Hey, even Paul Newman is playing nice.
    "Racing is life. Everything before or after, is just waiting." Steve McQueen, Le Mans

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaparral66
    C'mon, weefly, everybody said some rather cold blooded things in the heat of the open wheel war. No can honestly wear the white hat in this deal. And you can believe PT still doesn't like the cars, but for the sake of open wheel racing, he's saying all the right things for now, hoping the sports rebuilds, which is what we all say we want. Hey, even Paul Newman is playing nice.

Both Pauls want to play and there is only one place left to play their chosen game now, the ICS.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well, I am guessing here, PT can walk from this contract, but it will cost him millions to do so. I reasonably sure that PT wants out…he can walk. The problem is that I don’t see PT getting 2+ million a year in IRL (because of being so late in the season).

So, PT choice is much:
    a) do nothing, hold GF to the contract, and collect the millions for the next two years..and retire

b) Walk from the contract, and take a ride with any team, and likely not even get paid a million per year.

It is not really GF holding to the contract, but walking from it will cost PT big bucks, and with only 2-3 years left in your career, do you take a risk at getting no ride in the IRL, or a low paying one?

Or, do you ride out a contract that gives you several million for the next 2-3 years?

Albert D. Kallal
    Edmonton, Alberta Canada
    kallal@msn.com

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tbyars
    weefly, while it may be tough for some to understand, if you look at some of the very ICS-centric forums out there, I think you will find that the possibility of PT running in the ICS this year has met with overwhelming approval.

As has been the case for many years, it seems that most all comers are welcome.
    what are the ics forums out there? i searched and can't find anything.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I had a thought about this.... let's assume that there is a clause in PT's contract that says that GF has to provide him with a car (which apparently is what PT has said exists).

Now, given that PT currently isn't able to release himself from that contract, and I'm sure he's got his lawyers looking at every which way to get him out of it, and given that GF has flat refused to give him a car in the IndyCar Series, then there must be something else in the contract which is causing this problem...

Perhaps, the wording of the contract is something along the lines of "GF will provide a race car to PT for each event of the Champ Car World Series..."

If so, given that the Long Beach GP will be held as a CCWS race (with IRL points and purse) and will be the only CCWS race of the season, GF would still be fulfilling his part of the contract.

This was a subject that Curt Cavin wanted to ask on his radio show but PT's mobile signal cut out whilst driving through the desert.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fightinchunk
    what are the ics forums out there? i searched and can't find anything.
    Trackforum, SPEED Tv boards...
    “It used to be about trying to do something. Now it’s about trying to be someone.”

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikiec
    I had a thought about this.... let's assume that there is a clause in PT's contract that says that GF has to provide him with a car (which apparently is what PT has said exists).

Perhaps, the wording of the contract is something along the lines of "GF will provide a race car to PT for each event of the Champ Car World Series..."

If so, given that the Long Beach GP will be held as a CCWS race (with IRL points and purse) and will be the only CCWS race of the season, GF would still be fulfilling his part of the contract.
    This is the exact same thing I was thinking also. After the CCWS race perhaps PT's contract will become null and void. Although it will really hurt Tracy's options of finding a good ride with the IRL season alreadly underway.

Krazy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy_Knuck
    This is the exact same thing I was thinking also. After the CCWS race perhaps PT's contract will become null and void.
    Maybe it will, although it could be argued that GF would have fulfilled his commitment for 2008 and could therefore theoretically hold PT under contract until 2009, when there won't be any Champ Car World Series races.

Of course, this is all pure speculation.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Lets see if PT drives at Long Beach. If GF holds him out of that one then he would be shooting himself in the foot as PT's attendance at LB will sell tickets which GF part promotes.