Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fans Sue Fuji

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Fans Sue Fuji

From Yahoo http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/010320...-sue-fuji.html

Disgruntled fans are preparing to take Fuji Speedway to court after claiming that the circuit failed to live up to their expectations when it returned to the Formula One schedule in 2007.

Around 70 individuals are planning to sue the circuit for what they claim was 'gross mismanagement' of the event, which was blighted by often torrential rain, in an attempt to recoup not only the money they spent on tickets, but also several thousand yen worth of damages.

The basis of their claims, which will be put in front of Tokyo District Court next month, centres on the fact that the view from their seats was obstructed and that they suffered from the traffic chaos caused by a one-way system and the enforced use of shuttle buses.

Many spectators seated in makeshift stands erected behind more permanent facilities in order to cater for the demand for tickets at the event complained that their view was blocked for parts of the race, while traffic jams blighted ingress and egress from the circuit, with fans obliged to wait long periods of time to use the shuttle bus service mandated by organisers.

Fuji has already admitted that there were teething problems with its first grand prix since the 1970s, but the refunds already offered did not go far enough, according to the group now seeking redress. The circuit is reported to have returned 50,000 yen to 7100 spectators who had bought 61,000-yen tickets for reserved seats whose views were partly obstructed. The amount equates to the difference in price between reserved and non-reserved seats. The venue also refunded tickets to some 85 people who could prove that they had not been able to get into the circuit before the race started.

However, that was not enough to satisfy the latest group, who have been scouting for more affected parties via the internet.

"Besides those who got refunds, many suffered pain," a spokesman for the group told Japanese newspaper Asahi Shimbun, "The refund criteria are not fair, [and] we would like to let the reality of the damage be known better through the lawsuit."

Fuji is scheduled to stage this year's Japanese Grand Prix in October.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    There must be a fault there.
    Returning 50000 yen to 7100 spectators? Around 7 yen/spectator? With 1yen = 0.00963 USD, that makes around 0.07 USD/spectator!
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    'Suffered pain'? I occasionally suffer pain as a result of reading these forums, or my bus journey every morning. Should I sue?

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Sounds like a whale of a tale
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    There must be a fault there.
    Returning 50000 yen to 7100 spectators? Around 7 yen/spectator? With 1yen = 0.00963 USD, that makes around 0.07 USD/spectator!
    I hope you read it incorrectly as the way i read was that 50,000 yen of 61,000 yen cost of ticket was refunded not that they spread 61,000 among 7,100 spectators otherwise there would be serious rows on the telephone

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    'Suffered pain'? I occasionally suffer pain as a result of reading these forums, or my bus journey every morning. Should I sue?
    You never know these days what kind of a verdict you get at the court with some judges being full blown morons. You might just win.
    "signature room for rent"

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    ABSOLUTELY!!! Buzzards got to eat, too

BTW--my lawyer will be contacting you shortly for copies of your insurance policies as well as the records of all your assets. Please understand, it is nothing personal, just business.....
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by k1ngy
    I hope you read it incorrectly as the way i read was that 50,000 yen of 61,000 yen cost of ticket was refunded not that they spread 61,000 among 7,100 spectators otherwise there would be serious rows on the telephone
    You mean they bought tickets that did cost in excess of 550 USD/person?! And they refunded 450USD/person? It seems a lot to me.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    You mean they bought tickets that did cost in excess of 550 USD/person?! And they refunded 450USD/person? It seems a lot to me.
    Agreed. I can't imagine refunding some 80% of the ticket price. It would also be difficult to get a precedent. Once it becomes entirely public everyone who went to the GP will want their refunds.

If the GP runs on 20% of ticket then they're just spend a bucket load of cash....
    Ayrton Senna, Legend. R.I.P.

\"If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver. Because we are competing. We are competing to win. And the main motivation to all of us is to compete for a victory. It is not to come third, fourth, fifth or sixth. I race to win\".

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Wow! And they call the USA the land of litigation? At the 2004 USGP we had South American fans with a large cigar in front of us. Should I sue because the wafts of smoke occasionally obscured my view?

Then again, if the courts are stupid enough to award damages - why not sue?
    "You can mop the blood up later." - R.A. Lafferty