Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

What's that movie ?

I am a bit of an old movie fan, and have been watching movies from the 40's up to the 70's. I find them interesting. There is a movie from the 40's that I just can not find. The problem is, I don't remember the name of the movie. I will tell you a little bit about the movie, perhaps someone might know the name of it ,(slim chance, but you never know).
    The movie is about a car company that is looking for a new general manager, the cars in the movie are futuristic, (by 1940's standards). There are about 6 men that are being interviewed by the company, and they also have their wives with them during the interview process, as the men are being judged as well as the wives. Part of the interview process involves touring the factory, and looking and all these new prototype cars. It is a bit like the interview process in the movie 'Willy Wonker and The Chocolate Factory' as the winner turns out to be the humble one, who just wants to work hard to get ahead.
    I would really like to find out the title of this movie so I can watch it again, it was really interesting.
    Any idea's anyone ?
    Sandra O is YUMMY

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Doesn't ring any bells, can you remember anyone who was in it?

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Wasn't there a film about the Hudson Car Company set around that time, something with 3 headlights?

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Camelopard
    Wasn't there a film about the Hudson Car Company set around that time, something with 3 headlights?
    I think that may have been Tucker, the Tucker Torpedo, it starred the same actor that played the lead in Seabiscuit. No, I saw this movie when I was young,(a long time ago). Being a movie based around cars, I just thought someone would have seen it,or may know something about it. As for who starred in it, I have no idea. I guess I may never know. Thanks anyhow.
    Sandra O is YUMMY

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxu05
    As for who starred in it, I have no idea. I guess I may never know. Thanks anyhow.
    Be handy to know because someone can perhaps look it up on imdb.com?
    Manufacturers Champs (06'), Teams Champs (07')

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Was it called " They gave the car factory to the humble bloke and his wife. "?

Sorry John , just being facetious.