Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I really hope open wheel can milk this for all it is worth.

Though I will not pay to see those ****boxes in person, and I have nothing for the ovals B O R I N G. The worst is having to se those smug idiots like King George and ##### etc in the paddock.

Hard to believe Toronto is getting left out, but like I said before, I would be up north waterskiing if this came to town.

Perhaps if they get newcars down the road, standing starts and alot less ovals I may be interested down the road.

MotoGP, AMA Superbike, F1, GP2 and ALMS etc are all beckoning.

Ugly ##### around an oval? No thanks
    HELLO CHAMPCAR!! WAKE UP!! ARE YOU THERE??!!?? HELLLLLOOOOOO!!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well...it will be both a sad day and a jubilant one. Since 2004, the Amigos have simply mis-managed the series. What was there plan? Who knows. I am sad that it is over, and in essence we lost. Then again, I am happy that it is over because the Amigos were never going get their head out of you know where. Even with all the wealth of the Amigos, they were unable to get the sponsorship needed. What else needs to be said, it was a lost opportunity.

I just hope that more of the Champ Car venues are brought back. In particular: Portland, Laguna Seca, Vegas, and even Fontana, of course that is my West Coast bias. The oval formula has not worked for the IRL. They must reconsider that option. And obviously, the street circuit has not been the answer. Hopefully, next year they put good thought into where the series should race. I am sure that the venues that lose this years race will not be happy, nor will the fans. We will end up losing fans.

Unfortuantely, a merger was necessary because the Amigos were never going to figure it out. The IRL has the Indy 500 and that is the race that matters.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPVguy
    I'd be very sorry to see ANY long-time valued fans and forum posters leave "open wheel racing" due to a petty hatred of TG or any other entity or individual.
    Petty?

The Hulman/George clan has been, at the very least, a thorn in the side of this sport since before I started watching in '70. It got bad enough to finally drive most of the teams to unite in saying "ENOUGH". CART was born. Tony saw it as his destiny to bring down CART. In the process, he completely trashed my favorite sport.

At the same time, there is the Hulman/George ghoulish approach to driver safety. That's why we had drivers dying against the concrete walls at Indy years after there were published engineering drawings and papers about a solution to the problem. That's why we had cars with a back-killing transaxle poking out of the rear of the car. That's why we have cars with a design flaw that causes them to get airborne too easily, after other forms of racing dealt with this problem.

I don't consider my hatred "petty". If the teams ever have the balls to face Tony down and get at least 50% control of their destinys, and transform it back into a sport where Indy might be the most important race, but the entire series isn't dedicated to it, then I'll watch again.

In the mean time, as I won't be watching, that will leave me without much to post about, except the very enjoyable technical threads that appear from time to time, so it will probably impact my posting habits, and those of some others who have feelings similar to mine.

Tony made this mess. It's now his job to clean it up.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by namarow
    I really hope open wheel can milk this for all it is worth.

Though I will not pay to see those ****boxes in person, and I have nothing for the ovals B O R I N G. The worst is having to se those smug idiots like King George and ##### etc in the paddock.

Hard to believe Toronto is getting left out, but like I said before, I would be up north waterskiing if this came to town.

Perhaps if they get newcars down the road, standing starts and alot less ovals I may be interested down the road.

MotoGP, AMA Superbike, F1, GP2 and ALMS etc are all beckoning.

Ugly ##### around an oval? No thanks
    Then leave. Stop crying about "how it isn't fair", accept your loss and either try the new series or move on.
    Most posters on this forum can't think past their own screen names...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gofastandwynn
    Then leave. Stop crying about "how it isn't fair", accept your loss and either try the new series or move on.
    I agree with gofastandwynn.......at least give the new series a chance to prove itself first before giving up on it.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    If you don't like oval racing, watch European series. Indy Cars are... well... Indy Cars, cars racing on Indy. This is an oval, you know.
    Formula 1

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    This is great news, finally one unified series.

'08 will be a transition year for sure, so I hope they'll bring the turbo's and Michigan and Toronto back into the mix for '09.

When this is realized and you're still complaining about TG and the ovals etc., you'll just be like those old japanese soldiers they found 30 years after ww2 on some remote pacific island still thinking that the war is still on.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sounds good, just wonder if e merger is so simple ?

Arent we gonna see some court action from thoose who not gonna get included, promotors, tracks, Panoz, etc ???

Why are the not axing any IRL races, like Homestead, where the crowd is very small ? Just wonder ?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Claus Hansen
    Sounds good, just wonder if e merger is so simple ?

Arent we gonna see some court action from thoose who not gonna get included, promotors, tracks, Panoz, etc ???

Why are the not axing any IRL races, like Homestead, where the crowd is very small ? Just wonder ?
    We will soon about to find out. Long Beach, Edmonton, Surfers and Mexico are huge add ons to IndyCar schedule and I won't be surprised if they slash next year or anytime in the future one or two of these ovals inder IRL schedule still. But we'll see how this one goes.
    "Lawyers are the best investment"....Tom Leykis

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Claus Hansen

hopefully they will. its good though to have Milwaukee back. but hopefully some of the less attended tracks from the current IRL schedule will get the choppy chop chop so they can bring back successful events like Toronto, Mexico and Cleveland
    Sir! While I disagree with what you are saying, I will fight to the death your right to spell the words incorerctly and use heinous.. grammar yo !!!