Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Meeke.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yep Meeke. The boy is fast.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Duval should be reinstated to WRC works driver. Definitely has the speed to compete with Loeb. Specially on tarmac I think is the only who can compete against the French. And he can also drive good on gravel. He is much more mature and if he is given the chance I think he can be serious championship contender.

Kopecky should be definitely promoted to regular WRC works driver. The guy had shown very promising performances and had driven the Fabia fast and wise in many cases. The Fabia cannot be compared not even for joke with the Xsaras, Focus, Impreza. But he managed to drive it very quick and reliable with constant point scoring positions and decent times. He is in the right age for the next step. I hope that he will be given a chance very soon.

Also as NOT mentioned before the name, I would like to see Basso in a WRC tarmac event.
    FIAT ABARTH SQUADRA CORSE

TO FINISH FIRST, FIRST YOU HAVE TO FINISH

Liked 1,263 Times in 684 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kleisj
    Duval should be reinstated to WRC works driver. Definitely has the speed to compete with Loeb. Specially on tarmac I think is the only who can compete against the French. And he can also drive good on gravel. He is much more mature and if he is given the chance I think he can be serious championship contender.

Kopecky should be definitely promoted to regular WRC works driver. The guy had shown very promising performances and had driven the Fabia fast and wise in many cases. The Fabia cannot be compared not even for joke with the Xsaras, Focus, Impreza. But he managed to drive it very quick and reliable with constant point scoring positions and decent times. He is in the right age for the next step. I hope that he will be given a chance very soon.

Also as NOT mentioned before the name, I would like to see Basso in a WRC tarmac event.
    Loeb, Solberg and Hirvonen are all WRC winners, and that's it. And we have Duval also a WRC winner, has trouble getting a drive. What's going on??? If he has a problem getting a drive, then the WRC is in a mess. What kind of a sport can leave winners out? Not one struggling for stars. Interesting interview from Phil Mills on the WRC podcast - welcoming the appearance of Galli and Duval, and wishing there were another 20 drivers like that. Here, here!!

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ZequeArgentina
    Yeah, I second that.
    Unfortunately the tim for Pozzo to upgrade to WRC was 2002 or even 2003, but that was exactly the worst period of Argentinean Economy and everything here collapsed.
    That's true. He really deserves a second chance. Remember last year he was the only contender to Arai's ambitions on the way to his PWRC title, and that tells he still has it.

Duval should stay and show everybody how good he is. On the other hand, I'm still quite shocked Pons will return only because he has money. Put Xavier out of the car and let Gabriel Pozzo a chance! In the end, motorsport is not only driven by drivers or team technitians. Cash can really help :S

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Duval might be quick in a car - a tarmac car - he comes at a price.

i'm not talking about his relative lack of pace on gravel, nor his tendency to bin cars on loose surfaces, either.

Mr Duval is widely disliked by people who have worked with him in WRC teams. I doubt he'd drive for the Ford number one team again while Malcolm is in charge and he's on the outer at PSA, which control Citroen and Peugeot.

His backers paid for his drive in the Monte - he wasn't asked to drive by Stobart - and the Stobart pay-drive seats are all booked up for the rest of the year.

My mail is that he wants to buy an M Sport focus, but they won't have one available until around Greece - assuming nobody properly bins a shell before then.

Nor does M Sport have the on-site resources to run more than eight cars per event, so Duval will have to run the car himself, but expect to see more of him in the latter half of the year anyway.

On talent, speed and experience alone, Duval warrants a works seat. Unfortunately, he seems to have burnt a lot of bridges...
    the wise man does at once what the fool does finally - macchiavelli

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I agree with what Mickey T is saying - Dudu has the car skills and he must have a fair wad of financial support, but it seems that he has a habbit it getting on his teams bad side.
    Id like to see him in a works drive again, and I would think that Suzuki would be the best bet for him next year (Im thinking a 3 car team rather than dumping PG or Toni who both equally deserve their seats IMO).

Id also like to see Daniel Carlson (sp?) back - serious contender on events he knows and with a year or 2 of experience behind him, he would be a serious championship contender given the right equiptment.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Markko Martin.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MJW
    Surely not instead of Conrad
    - We have a great wrc, Conrad, Matt Wilson, the Argentinian ice cream men.... who needs Tommi, Colin, Carlos - thats so 2002!!!
    haha sour grapes? that's an unfair comparison and you know it!
    The 2002 version of Rautenbach, Wilson or Perez Companc were Tomas Kuchar, Papadimitriou or Achim Mörtl. and I doubt you actually miss those drivers

as for the topic, my vote goes to Duval
    Fan of Timo Glock and proud of it! :champion: 3 podiums, new start as a Virgin :p

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MJW
    We have a great wrc, Conrad, Matt Wilson, the Argentinian ice cream men....
    This made me laugh out loud. It's truly a sad state of affairs when a big check gets a ride over championship potential.

Similar things are happening with our "Motocrossing Skydiver" and "Shoe Man" heading up the charge in the USA.