Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PSfan
    And at the end of the day, what really is shamefull is that McLaren fanatics are all up in arms about Renault not getting punished, complaining of FIA bias when Renault admit to everything, and we end up getting a [redacted – offensive] hearing like this, while Mac is suspected of worse, admit to less, and apologize for it, and that hearing is gonna be called off? [redacted – offensive] [redacted – offensive] [redacted – offensive] [redacted – offensive] [redacted – offensive]!!!
    Hear! Hear! Hear!!!!!!!!!!!! I totally second that!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    I'm having hard time understanding how anyone can be the fan or supporter of a team of proven liars and cheaters?!
    Really, to support or like a team you have to identify yourself, at least a little bit, with their way of doing things. And in McLaren's case it isn't obvious what kind of positives are there to identify yourself with. :\
    maybe because McLaren is much more than just the 2007 spy scandal?

or I could ask how could you kept being a Schumacher fan after the 97 season when it was sort of clear that he was a dirty driver without much sporting sense?
    Fan of Timo Glock and proud of it! :champion: 3 podiums, new start as a Virgin :p

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jso1985

or I could ask how could you kept being a Schumacher fan after the 97 season when it was sort of clear that he was a dirty driver without much sporting sense?
    To paraphrase your words, "97 was much more than one corner!"
    "You can mop the blood up later." - R.A. Lafferty

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jso1985

He didn't lie about it!
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    He didn't lie about it!
    I think the '94 incident at Adelaide was more of a black spot on the Schumi register, he was quite coy for some time about that, claiming the car damage caused him to turn the wheel and hit Hill. Schumi was also quite personally nasty about Hill's family, although he did apologise at a later date......

That for me, kicked off my dislike for Michael. I still respect his achievments, and think he has natural talent in bucketloads, he was/is just too ruthless and that blots hits copybook for me......
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    He didn't lie about it!
    This is what he had to say in the immediate aftermath of Jerez:
    "I do not feel I made a mistake. I was called to see the Stewards after the race, but that is just normal procedure as the marshals have to make a report about the incident. As expected, no action was taken against me."
    It was only after the general condemnation of his actions, and the announcement of a FIA hearing, that on the Tuesday after the race MS admitted he had made a mistake.

Had it been Ron Dennis, and not Michael Schumacher, I suspect you may have said he lied about it.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    This sort of discussion sums up why I can rarely be bothered to post here any more. Too many people here aren't real F1 fans at all, and have memories that are so selective and short-termist that they are unable to contribute much of interest. I say this despite my change of view on the McLaren punishment.

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Does anyone know what was brought to bear to Ligier over the JS41, which was for all intents and purposes a copy of the B194 but with Mugen power?

The question is to do with what sort of intellectual property McLaren has absorbed and how you in fact prove that on the new car. My obvious question is to do with scruitneering - ie/ if all cars are FIA approved in the first place and checked, who at the FIA didn't do their job when similar bits started appearing on rival's cars? How do you prove that they did or didn't?

As a fan, we're so far removed from the technical data, that it scarcely matters for us, but for the teams themselves, it equates to loads and loads of nicker.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    So bottom line, name one thing that has really changed?

One thing, other than Mac has a lighter pocketbook, and Bernie still wants hamster to have a WDC to enhance revenue?

Nothing

Well okay something--let the cheaters get away with anything as long as it is good for revenue
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo
    Does anyone know what was brought to bear to Ligier over the JS41, which was for all intents and purposes a copy of the B194 but with Mugen power?

The question is to do with what sort of intellectual property McLaren has absorbed and how you in fact prove that on the new car. My obvious question is to do with scruitneering - ie/ if all cars are FIA approved in the first place and checked, who at the FIA didn't do their job when similar bits started appearing on rival's cars? How do you prove that they did or didn't?

As a fan, we're so far removed from the technical data, that it scarcely matters for us, but for the teams themselves, it equates to loads and loads of nicker.
    That is a good point there Rollo, although IIRC the Ligier was hardly at the sharp end of the grid that season. The other comparison is probably the Sauber (can't remember which year) which some poeple up and down the pit lane thought looked a lot like the previous years Ferrari, again, they were no t challenging for wins though.....

I guess the conclusion on the scrutineers is that they no zip all......?
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.