Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by markabilly
    Bruce deserved far better than to have his name associated with "mac" and RD
    Amen to that! I wonder if any heirs of Bruce McLaren can sue RD for tarnishing the name? Maybe they could force the team to change to McDennis.
    "You can mop the blood up later." - R.A. Lafferty

Liked 795 Times in 588 Posts
    Hey , isn't this the off season ?

Isn't the name of this team , Vodaphone McLaren Mercedes ?

Lewis Hamilton drives for them , doesn't he ?

Can we get on with the customer car debate ?
    There isn't much time .

Dust it off , kids . The public is watching .

Liked 686 Times in 481 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PSfan
    Hmmmm, so Charlie Whiting is a "court" now? when did that happen? Oh and since your "appear" to be priciledged in these types of matters, what did the FIA mean in regards to "granted on a without prejudice basis."

While "appears" does show up in the FIA finding... "without a doubt" and "we have concluded has also.

No, McLaren can't appeal the findings. if they didn't like them... they could have waited till the Feb. hearings, and disproved them. Did they go that route? NO, because they know they are guilty, and knew that at that stage they would most likely have been tossed out!!!

Without predudice is a simple term, and my point is that in spite of the investigation, it was approved for use at that point. After complete examination, they could only conclude with what "appears" to have happened.

And in the same sentence that the words "we have concluded" is also "we cannot conclude with certainty" which in simple terms means they don't know.

Without the other quote in question, I can't comment on it.

I think it's rather comical that people are so irate about this discussion that they get to the point of obsessed and insulting of any other opinion. Although I didn't want McLaren to win this year, I have viewed the incidents without prejudices against them, and would expect them to have the same "rights" in a hearing as would any other team.

We could disquality McLaren for 5 years, which would probably result in 5 years of Ferrari dominance. At this point with their car subject to inspection for systems using the Ferrari data, I think the FIA will police that issue well. Otherwise this same thing happens next year, or just as possible the precedent set allows other teams to be DQ'd or suffer heavy fines based on inconclusive data.

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    I had the sensation that this letter has been written just to close the matter once and for all. Maybe they realized that their isn't much reason to keep fighting.
    So just admit whatever they want to hear and move on... It couldn't have got any better if they had continued the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by eu
    Maybe they realized that their isn't much reason to keep fighting.
    More like they'd shot themselves in the foot.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wmcot
    Even if the 2008 McLaren was found to be a complete Ferrari F2008 painted silver, there would still be McFanatics defending them! (And RD would still be claiming "integrity")
    There is no doubt about that.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter
    Without predudice is a simple term, and my point is that in spite of the investigation, it was approved for use at that point.
    What investigation? There was no investigation about the provenience of the system at that moment.

"without prejudice" might be a simple term but it is still meaningful.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tamburello
    Yes, as it is in a court of law when no other explanation is considered as likely when offered as a defence. It is known as "Beyond reasonable doubt" and is how every civilised legal system works.

?
    I would say more like :"On the balance of probabilities" based the facts presented/released rather than beyond reasonable doubt. I suspect that we still don't know much of the facts found.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PSfan
    it "appears" you haven't read the FIA findings either:

107.3 Although the McLaren wheelbase is longer on the 2008 car and we have concluded that McLaren took account of confidential Ferrari information relating to wheelbase length, we cannot conclude with certainty whether the decision to lengthen the McLaren wheelbase for 2008 was, in any part, as a result of receipt of confidential Ferrari information, or whether it was wholly as a result of review of publicly available information and/or McLaren's own research and development.
    So in other words the FIA had no evidence ("we cannot conclude with certainty") to suggest that Ferrari information relating to the wheelbase was used.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    There is no doubt about that.
    Just like you would defend Ferrari...and don't deny it...