Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Have you been reading different threads the last few months?
    No.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It would be fantastic to just get on with the racing and move on...
    BUT, the damage has been done, McLaren and Ron have been caught red handed and have failed miserably at covering it up like other teams have been able to do in the past. Ron could not control Alonso, so the ship sunk very quickly.
    Stealing data and spying has always been a part of this sport, and the fact that Max and Ron don't get along has been I think, a major part in this whole saga.
    I hope that Max leaves the sport, and Ron for that matter.
    With these men staying in F1, there will always be too many ifs, buts and maybes to consider and from my point of view..absolutely no trust.
    Not that was any trust anyway..

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Walker
    This is pretty damning. I reckon McLaren should be excluded from 2008.
    why? because they're sorry of their actions?

They have already been punished for being liars and cheaters(was clear they were way before that recent statement), wheter the punishment was of your likeness or not, is another thing, but I really don't see why they should be punished again for saying sorry.

Really ugly thing that happened to my favourite team and everything was thei fault, real shame but let's move on
    Fan of Timo Glock and proud of it! :champion: 3 podiums, new start as a Virgin :p

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weeflyonthewall
    Most of them likely accept the fact this form of "intelligence leakage" has been part of F1 for decades.
    "This" form is a new one, in this case McLaren were continuously receiving the Ferrari data from a Ferrari engineer during several months.

I doubt this ever happened before in F1.

And on top of that the team used the Ferrari data even after they were told that their designs will be inspected.
    I don't even know how this latest behavior should be named!?
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 686 Times in 481 Posts
    I'm still waiting for a quote that shows the McLaren car gained advantage from Ferrari information. Neither the FIA letter or the McLaren letter have such a quote, even though it seems widely used as fact here.

It's already clear that the information was in circulation with intent to be used. They have already paid a huge fine for this taking place.

Intent to cheat does not benefit either a car it wasn't used on, or a car now subject to extra scrutiny to ensure that it doesn't benefit from information they got from Ferrari.

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    "This" form is a new one, in this case McLaren were continuously receiving the Ferrari data from a Ferrari engineer during several months.

I doubt this ever happened before in F1.

And on top of that the team used the Ferrari data even after they were told that their designs will be inspected.
    I don't even know how this latest behavior should be named!?
    How about "STUPID"?

I do admit that I was on McLaren's side and sceptical of anything Max came up with. "Maybe Ron didn't know", "Maybe they never used the information", ; in fact I thought ioan was going much too far.

I am very disappointed to have been proven wrong on this; that I never really could believe that McLaren could possibly want to use Ferrari information for their own benefit.

I guess many of us were fooled into believing in McLaren's innocence at something Stepney and Coughlan delved into for their own benefit, and maybe hopefully for Honda if Honda were silly enough to hire the two of them.

I ca only say that I am glad that Kimi won the WDC fair and square, that McLaren's appeal against BMW and Williams now show how bloody underhand McLaren really were.

I have no time for McLaren after all this. As I posted elsewhere, I only wish they not be excluded from F1 because there are not enough teams for all the good drivers around, and because F1 simply cannot afford to lose another team.

Damn!! I was so wrong in all this
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter
    I'm still waiting for a quote that shows the McLaren car gained advantage from Ferrari information. Neither the FIA letter or the McLaren letter have such a quote, even though it seems widely used as fact here.

It's already clear that the information was in circulation with intent to be used. They have already paid a huge fine for this taking place.

Intent to cheat does not benefit either a car it wasn't used on, or a car now subject to extra scrutiny to ensure that it doesn't benefit from information they got from Ferrari.
    Let's see. McLaren has confidential information from Ferrari, with a regular feed. They use that information to direct and channel their own research (clearly deductible from the WMSC findings). No, no advantage gained there at all......

ClarkFan
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Samuel Clemens

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce
    Perhaps this article might shed some light:
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/64374

despite the fact that it is a report from the autosport, and they cleverly use terms like inspired by, and discussed, there still is no hard evidence that they used Ferrari parts in their car. It is absolutely quite normal for teamsto compare and contrast systems and even try to match it up to a competitors specs for performance sake. So this is little more than a confirmation that engineers discussed the data,.

If the FIA sees fit to end the investigation and NOT require McClaren to go through the february inspection then we can assume that they have satisifed whatever requirements they saw fit to instill.

so all the rumor and suspicions aptly written about by various websites don't constitute the facts.
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ClarkFan
    Let's see. McLaren has confidential information from Ferrari, with a regular feed. They use that information to direct and channel their own research (clearly deductible from the WMSC findings). No, no advantage gained there at all......

ClarkFan

my God have you guys been living in a vacuum for 30 years or are just so bent on crucifying mcclaren. Discussing and researching other teams data is standard practice. I remember a time when during winter testing a whole slew of "camera men" and specifically postitioned people used to be up and down the paddock taking pictures and trying to assemple as much information as they could about competitors. then going back tot their respective teams and analysing the data.
    Teams quite often were caught with info from their competitors when engineers, staff and mechanics switched teams. yes they used to sighn a nondisclosure agreement, but short of brainwashing that sort of IP information always and I mean always got around.

Please, teams today don't live in a vacuum.
    I am more than 100% sure that every team has data on every other team in some shape or form. Wether it was gotten by a "mole" or simply "remembered by new engineers, etc. it is a fact of F1 life.

I also recall
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts

FIA to scrap hearing after team apologise over ‘spygate’

is f1 one big joke

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.a...307&sec=sports

Saturday December 15, 2007

FIA to scrap hearing after team apologise over ‘spygate’

LONDON: McLaren accepted on Thursday that Ferrari data had penetrated deeper into their team than suspected and issued a public apology for the spying controversy.
    In a statement, the Formula One team also offered to impose a moratorium on the development of three separate systems on their new car “to avoid even the possibility of Ferrari information influencing our performance during 2008”. In return, the governing International Automobile Federation (FIA) said they would seek to cancel a meeting called for Feb 14 to assess McLaren's 2008 car after a technical report last week raised suspicions about it.
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’