Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by I am evil Homer
    Agreed....if you dig enough you could find every single team on the grid has cheated at some point in the last 5 years. I want to watch next season from a fresh slate and lets see what happens!

There's plenty going on behind the scenes we'll never know about - and probably never want to for fear it would ruin our percecption of the teams and drivers we follow and get out of bed at 3am just see them race!
    Who is everybody? I could say everybody uses drugs these days and to a certain extent I'm kinda right. But for me to accuse someone in particular without evidence is wrong. So don't accuse any other teams unless you have evidence.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Who is everybody? I could say everybody uses drugs these days and to a certain extent I'm kinda right. But for me to accuse someone in particular without evidence is wrong. So don't accuse any other teams unless you have evidence.

Equally, as Nigel Roebuck has said, "I think it very unfortunate that the outside world has been led to believe that 'exchanging information' is something new, a crime that formerly didn't exist - that motor racing has suddenly become 'a dirty sport'."
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Arrows, what about McLaren acknowledging that the FIA were right and that the team was cheating and lying all the way?

You supported them all the way too.
    How does it feel now?
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Cheating is wrong. Stop using the "everyone else is doing it!" defence. When someone else is caught doing it then poo to them! But don't tar everyone with the same brush until it's proven. That's an old school yard excuse if ever there was one.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    Equally, as Nigel Roebuck has said, "I think it very unfortunate that the outside world has been led to believe that 'exchanging information' is something new, a crime that formerly didn't exist - that motor racing has suddenly become 'a dirty sport'."
    One Mclaren defender quoting another proves very little.

If I may use a quote that better sums up this utter disgrace.....

''I live and breathe this team. And there is no way anything incorrect has taken place here"

Copyright Ron Dennis, July 2007.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tamburello
    Bagwan, I admire your willingness to offer a chance for Mr Dennis to redeem himself, but have you read the FIA's own report?

http://www.fia.com/public/mclaren.pdf

Article 38 is very revealing......

Mclaren were using confidential Ferrari information at the Japanese GP.....AFTER they had already been found guilty and AFTER the FIA had announced their plans to investigate Mclaren further!!!!

Added to that, Ron Dennis publicly stated that Coughlan was not directly involved in design and development. Ron Dennis therefore publicly lied and, as the head of Mclaren, was responsible for his team continuing to use confidential Ferrari information on the Mclaren cars AFTER Mclaren were found guilty on September 13th.

No matter that Ron Dennis be given the chance to redeem himself....he had that chance on September 14th but chose not to take it.

The man is a disgrace.
    But ousting Dennis wouldn't even be enough. How many members of the team were knowingly using Ferrari information? Anyone with that taint should get an extended ban from participating in a team in any FIA-sanctioned racing series. Let them try to find jobs in NASCAR (where if "you ain't cheatin, you ain't tryin') or IRL/ChampCar where no one is watching anyway.

And Kovalainen may be the real loser here. He has been handed a poisoned chalice.

ClarkFan
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Samuel Clemens

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    How does it feel now?
    Fed up and tired of the whole situation, as I have been almost from the beginning because those involved have damaged "my" sport and, in my view, McLaren are not totally responsible for that.

But, they have been held responsible and penalised.I hope their apology puts an end to it all and we can have a great 2008 season without such an acrimonious atmosphere.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Name the team who forced McLaren to cheat. Only they are responsible.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    ...McLaren are not totally responsible for that.

And some people call me a fanatic.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro