Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by killincommies
    Alonos is the type of driver that needs to be attended to like a gem.
    Wherever you place a gem in the mud, it stays a shining gem.

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts

Heikki too fast...

Quote Originally Posted by OTA
    Sometimes the things I read make me smile. When and where any of you that say so have heard Alonso say he does not want a fast team mate? No where right. A lie it's a lie even if you say it 1.000.000 times.
    Not that I believe in what they say but here's :

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...964704,00.html
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    It might be true, but Flav has reprimanded his static performance at the time Alonso was comfortably driving Mercedez long before decided to divorce with McLaren.

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seppefan
    Heikki has been shafted because Flavio manages Piquet. It is all about money.
    Flavio also manages Heikki. HK didnt get shafted, he just didnt perform as well as Renault hoped. If I was Flavio, I would have shown him the door as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevincal
    Oh ya, screw you Alonso haters. Always talking about how he needs a slow teammate. That's BS.
    Well, when he had Trulli as teammate in 2004 and the latter was quicker, Flavio and Co had to lower themselves to sabotage and mentally destroy JT.
    When Alonso faced Hamilton in 2007, who too was quicker, he threw a hissy and behaved like a spoilt prick. Just accept it, as Pat Symonds said, when Alonso is beaten in equal cars, he behaves irrationally and gets paranoid.
    "signature room for rent"

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    Heiki is going to Toyota. Sorry pino!
    You wish :
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Walker
    Well, when he had Trulli as teammate in 2004 and the latter was quicker, Flavio and Co had to lower themselves to sabotage and mentally destroy JT.
    When Alonso faced Hamilton in 2007, who too was quicker, he threw a hissy and behaved like a spoilt prick. Just accept it, as Pat Symonds said, when Alonso is beaten in equal cars, he behaves irrationally and gets paranoid.
    Trulli has a habit of going backwards. The 2004 French GP, Trulli was overtaken on the last lap at the chicane and the TV showed Flav angry and slamming his headphones onto the desk. It all went downhill from there after Trulli won in Monaco that year.

[quote="Garry Walker"]Flavio also manages Heikki. HK didnt get shafted, he just didnt perform as well as Renault hoped. If I was Flavio, I would have shown him the door as well.[quote]

There seems to be a consensus that Heikki do a good job this year and some critics have argued that he is more of a threat to Alonso, hence it is a theory as to why he was shown the door.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pino
    You wish :
    I have no interest in this affair!
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon
    Name one Flavio-managed driver that he hasn't screwed at some point!

Trulli, Fisichella, Webber and now Kovalainen have all been shafted in one way or another by their "manager". Flavio is a great way to get into F1. But he's a better way to get screwed once you're there.

The Alonso-to-Renault deal was the worst kept secret this year but Kovalainen getting it in the neck was a surprise. I guess it's one of three things:

1. Renault really rate Piquet and figure him to be an upgrade over the Finn.

2. Kovalainen didn't want to be managed by Flavio anymore and so went the same way that Trulli and Fisichella went when they broke their Flavio-bonds, ie. out the door.

3. Alonso had a say on his '08 teammate and picked the Brazilian.

I think it's mostly No. 2 with a dash of No. 3 thrown in for taste.
    I think there may be a #4, too. Does Piquet bring money with him? Remember, Renault's budget has historically been below the big spenders. The guy who runs Renault, Ghosn, is very oriented to the bottom line, so for the team to get more money to spend they need to find more sponsorship. If Nelsonhi brings money due to his father's connections, and Kovalainen doesn't, that could have been the deciding factor.

And if I were in Honda, I'd snap up HK now. Let JB and RB engage in mortal combat for the other seat.

ClarkFan
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Samuel Clemens

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Pino, that's exactly what I mean. Someone says that he said that he heard that.... But facts are what they are. Alonso has had excellent team mates most of his career. I won't deny that Alonso is not a very happy camper when he gets beaten, but a driver who has reached the level of Alonso is not scared of challenges, not Alonso not the others.
    Take the pedal to the metal

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Walker
    Flavio also manages Heikki. HK didnt get shafted, he just didnt perform as well as Renault hoped. If I was Flavio, I would have shown him the door as well.

Hamilton WAS getting preferential treatment, as well as Alonso's track information/car setups etc and they were equally quick. So to me, that makes Alonso the better driver overall. Hamilton is the one that has the most cushy deal in F1, Alonso has had to earn his rep starting out at a **** team and moving up to 2 time wdc. Hammy is given best car, pref. treatment by everyone, and managed to choke away the wdc. So, ya. All the while he was acting smug like he's the next Senna. He even said so himself that he's the next Senna...LOL. KARMAAAAAA