Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ICKE
    McLaren to appeal against the latest fuel decision

Lewis Hamilton still has a slim chance of taking the F1 title after McLaren lodged an appeal against a decision not to punish two other teams in Brazil.

"If we didn't lodge our intention to appeal we would have been criticised by F1 fans and insiders for not supporting our drivers' best interests," said Martin Whitmarsh, McLaren's chief operating officer.

"Our argument is with the court of appeal. During the decision making there were temperature irregularities - which could have affected these neutral judges and given an advantage to those parties who would benefit from the ruling (Ferrari)."

"I've spoken to the Jackie Stewart and Damon Hill and they are confident that we have a decent chance to overturn this decision. It's very unsettling to have this appeal but the drinks were too warm and the food was too cold, there is so much at stake and we need consistency. Obviously there were issues with the air conditioning unit as well, or at the very least someone had left the window open"

Former world champion Damon Hill has accused FIA of exercising double standards.

"It does get quite difficult to see where the consistency lies. If you go back to September, McLaren's argument is that the judges back then made their decision in a room with a stable air temperature."

"I can see how a couple of degrees can be regarded as being so negligible that it wouldn't make any difference. But we're talking about such tiny differences all the time in Formula One, there has to be a line where you're one side or the other."

Jackie Stewart fully agreed with Damon Hill

"If you put chilled or cool drinks into a room with a higher temperature, there is a significant change in taste and thus it could affect the mental state of the judges. I sincerely believe it's a scandal and people have every right to be outraged"

Gotcha
    Okay, I give up, just do not get what is so funny, who is "gotcha" Some Spanish news agency??
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon
    Actually, I thought it was quite good.
    Not if you have spent so much emotion about the whole thing.
    Formula 1

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1boat
    Not if you have spent so much emotion about the whole thing.
    Wow, it's only a sport. I wouldn't loose any sleep over it TBH. If is has been that much of an emotional roller coaster, why not start following bowls......
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 50 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SGWilko
    Wow, it's only a sport. I wouldn't loose any sleep over it TBH.
    Indeed, for me F1 is basically just another sport I follow, perhaps more intersting than most, but not something I would consider to be important in my life.
    I mean it's not exactly the national hockey team. :
    C'est la vie ja taksi tuo.

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ICKE
    McLaren to appeal against the latest fuel decision

Lewis Hamilton still has a slim chance of taking the F1 title after McLaren lodged an appeal against a decision not to punish two other teams in Brazil.

"If we didn't lodge our intention to appeal we would have been criticised by F1 fans and insiders for not supporting our drivers' best interests," said Martin Whitmarsh, McLaren's chief operating officer.

"Our argument is with the court of appeal. During the decision making there were temperature irregularities - which could have affected these neutral judges and given an advantage to those parties who would benefit from the ruling (Ferrari)."

"If you put chilled or cool drinks into a room with a higher temperature, there is a significant change in taste and thus it could affect the mental state of the judges. I sincerely believe it's a scandal and people have every right to be outraged"

Gotcha
    Finally I got it...at first I thought it was not nearly crazy or stupid enough to be true and actually coming out of this mess.....but then I realized the effect of warmer than proper temperature on the drinks...well known fact that Kool Aid must be kept and served very cold, such that the desired effect is to be effective!!!

My apologies to all for being so dense. But it still all Mac's own fault.

MAC should have borrowed some of those chillers from Williams for the kool aid, and not relied on those dumber than dumb FIA techs to be checking the temperatures......
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SGWilko
    Wow, it's only a sport. I wouldn't loose any sleep over it TBH. If is has been that much of an emotional roller coaster, why not start following bowls......
    Well, I'm quite emotional, it is sometimes quite annoying, but when everything finishes well, the joy is immense
    While following Indy Car I am not that emotional, so I am not that interested, although it is a great series.

EDIT
    It is interesting that I never was so emotional about soccer, though
    Formula 1

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by F1boat
    Well, I'm quite emotional, it is sometimes quite annoying, but when everything finishes well, the joy is immense
    While following Indy Car I am not that emotional, so I am not that interested, although it is a great series.

EDIT
    It is interesting that I never was so emotional about soccer, though
    F1 is 50% sport and 50% politics. The combination of the two is sure to make us all emotional at times!
    "You can mop the blood up later." - R.A. Lafferty