• Rosberg

33 41.25%
  • Kubica

3 3.75%
  • Hamilton

1 1.25%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'll go for Kimi. Did what was needed to be WDC. Congrats to him.
    Take the pedal to the metal

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    Kimi and Rosberg too...although I wish he and Kubica had not tried and take each other out every lap towards the end :
    Had me shouting at the screen as that would have messed up Kimi's title.
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Interesting that Räikkönen has got so many votes as it's actually Massa, who was the so-called moral winner of the race.

I voted for Rosberg. Webber was making an excellent race too until his usual problems... And I'm also satisfied with Trulli's performance in an average Toyota. Also considering that the strategy wasn't exactly the best one...

Nakajima impressed me a lot too. Don't know, what happened to him in qualifying though. :\ And one more guy deserves a mention - Sebastian Vettel! He was fighting in Top10 and for a possible point even in dry conditions (!) until the car let him down...

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jens
    Interesting that Räikkönen has got so many votes as it's actually Massa, who was the so-called moral winner of the race.
    Interesting that actually you are aware of it.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio
    I voted for him. I'll tell you why It was his hard charge into the first turn, and it's affect on LH that started hamiltons problems. Other than that his Mac was a complete dog with no guts. Never been a fan of his but I do admire his determination. Just as worthy of anyone else in this race IMO. Any questions?
    i think you are onto something. i was thinking about the opening lap and how it could it all go so wrong for hamilton; and it really was a combination of moves by massa, raikkonen, and especially alonso that caused
    hamilton to unhinge.
    at the start, massa chops across and blocks hamilton, allowing raikkonen to pick up speed and box in hamilton and eventually overtake hamilton going into the curve. but this move slows down both drivers allowing alonso to gain and overtake hamilton. (by this time hamilton must be super frustrated to say the least.) with hamilton right behind his tow, alonso then anticipates hamilton's next move and preemptively blocks that line forcing hamilton to dive back,lock up and off the track.
    it was like a triple-tag-team on hamilton!
    option 13...nuff said

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ten-tenths
    you hit the nail on the head

Liked 647 Times in 512 Posts
    i think you are onto something. i was thinking about the opening lap and how it could it all go so wrong for hamilton; and it really was a combination of moves by massa, raikkonen, and especially alonso that caused
    hamilton to unhinge.
    at the start, massa chops across and blocks hamilton, allowing raikkonen to pick up speed and box in hamilton and eventually overtake hamilton going into the curve. but this move slows down both drivers allowing alonso to gain and overtake hamilton. (by this time hamilton must be super frustrated to say the least.) with hamilton right behind his tow, alonso then anticipates hamilton's next move and preemptively blocks that line forcing hamilton to dive back,lock up and off the track.
    I suggested on another thread before the race that Hamilton might fall into a Ferrari trap
    which included Alonso getting through(wishful thinking really)It didn't happen the way I thought,
    or you just portrayed it. If you watch the replay it was LH who drifted over
    to the clean side to slot in between Massa, and Kimi. Kimi didn't give him any room,
    which may have been helped by Massa holding ranks with Kimi (pure speculation on my part)
    Fred, was able to move even while staying on the dirty side.
    It appears in hindsight that LH made a tactical error
    by going directly for the clean side!
    May the forza be with you

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio
    I suggested on another thread before the race that Hamilton might fall into a Ferrari trap
    which included Alonso getting through(wishful thinking really)It didn't happen the way I thought,
    or you just portrayed it. If you watch the replay it was LH who drifted over
    to the clean side to slot in between Massa, and Kimi. Kimi didn't give him any room,
    which may have been helped by Massa holding ranks with Kimi (pure speculation on my part)
    Fred, was able to move even while staying on the dirty side.
    It appears in hindsight that LH made a tactical error
    by going directly for the clean side!

i missed that thread, but i must disagree with the start. for sure LH starts to drift toward the center of the track, but massa clearly chops across and stalls any move for LH. you were absolutely correct about the ferrari trap! but alonso made sure he joined that party and stick it to LH.
    it reminds me of ralf schumacher totally helping out his brother's cause instead of JPM as the championship was drawing to a close several years back. sooooo bitter about that.
    option 13...nuff said

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    i missed that thread, but i must disagree with the start. for sure LH starts to drift toward the center of the track, but massa clearly chops across and stalls any move for LH. you were absolutely correct about the ferrari trap! but alonso made sure he joined that party and stick it to LH.
    it reminds me of ralf schumacher totally helping out his brother's cause instead of JPM as the championship was drawing to a close several years back. sooooo bitter about that.
    Alonso wasn't trying to help Ferrari's drivers but himself, as Ron forced him to use same strategy as Hamilton. The start was the only weapon in his hands to fight Hamilton and he used it, what else he should've done ? Ron didn't give him another choice...
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pino
    Alonso wasn't trying to help Ferrari's drivers but himself, as Ron forced him to use same strategy as Hamilton. The start was the only weapon in his hands to fight Hamilton and he used it, what else he should've done ? Ron didn't give him another choice...
    hi pino, i have no complaints at all...alonso did what he had to do, at that point he was fighting for the win so i don't have a problem of him going after LH. if he could not win it, for sure he didn't want hamilton to either. Mac just screwed themselves. once again we see how important team hiearchy is to winning the wdc.
    option 13...nuff said