Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens
    So the season is over and it's time to make some conclusions. What are forumers' thoughts after the season?

1. Biggest positive surprises of the season? (you may mention teams, drivers and any other F1-related events)

2. Biggest negative surprises of the season? (teams, drivers, other)

3. Which was the most interesting race of the season?

4. Which was the most boring race of the season?

5. Who or what would you like to highlight, who/what in your opinion hasn't got enough attention?

6. Are you satisfied with the season and what could or should have been different in your opinion?

7. What differences do you you wait from 2008 season compared to 2007?

8. What was in your opinion in 2007 better/worse than in 2006?

Hopefully all the questions are understandable. One suggestion - please copy the questions into your post in front of your answer, so it would be more convenient for others to read the posts.

1. One of the closest ever seasons, certainly one of the most tense, for a long time. And some great performances from the rookies, not just Hamilton, but Vettel in Japan and China, Kovalainen in Canada and Japan, Davidson in Turkey qualifying, Sutil in Japan, Kubica solid in pretty much every race.

2. Not really a surprise, but Ferrari doing what they do best and kicking up a fuss as soon as things aren't going their way, and going on to stitch McLaren up.

3. Canada and Japan

4. Bahrain. Not really surprising, every single race at Bahrain so far has been incredibly boring, and it seriously needs to be taken off.

5. Some outstanding performances by both Red Bull teams, and all drivers concerned, only to be let down by various issues. Some stellar performances include Vettel/Webber in Japan, all 4 in China, Webber/Coulthard in Germany, Speed at Monaco

6. The fact that Hamilton didn't win wasn't satisfying, but the politics in F1 just became so pathetic it was unbelievable.

7. Look forward to no traction control, more mistakes from drivers, new team, new drivers, drivers in different cars, and races at Singapore and Valencia, particularly the former.

8. All in all, 100 times better

Liked 647 Times in 512 Posts
    1. Biggest positive surprises of the season? Hamilton
    2. Biggest negative surprises of the season? Renault
    3.Which was the most interesting race of the season? Spa always
    4. Which was the most boring race of the season? Monaco always
    5. Who or what would you like to highlight, who/what in your opinion hasn't got enough attention? As usual everything gets beaten to death, and recieves too muh attention
    6. Are you satisfied with the season and what could or should have been different in your opinion? Not really. I'm satified that the best driver, and the best car won. qualifying, and next year it will come right!
    See #6
    8. What was in your opinion in 2007 better/worse than in 2006? It was better! Aside from all the controversy The big name drivers changing teams
    (or retiring) made for a more interestig season
    May the forza be with you

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio
    3.Which was the most interesting race of the season? Spa always

Did you seriously watch this year's Spa?

Don't get me wrong, I love that track, but this year's race?
    Iceman: Adjective 1)Rapid, swift 2)Nickname of Kimi-Matias Räikkönen, a legendary Formula 1 driver

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    1. Biggest positive surprises of the season?
    Kimi finally winning the championship! Ferrari finally having a valid reason for FIA support. There actually being a Brit with talent on the track.

2. Biggest negative surprises of the season? (teams, drivers, other)
    Said Brit turned out to be an arrogant so and so, very annoying and very into whining like a little girl when things dont go his way. Disappointing. McLaren and Stepneygate. McLaren and Hamiltons tyres. McLaren and Fuel saga. McLaren and this stupid appeal. Me losing all respect for Ron Dennis and McMerc.

3. Which was the most interesting race of the season?
    Brazil: watching a masterclass in how to win, and lose, a championship and unfortunately, all the rubbish that came after.

4. Which was the most boring race of the season?
    Monaco, wasnt up to usual standard and Hamiltons whining at the end.

5. Who or what would you like to highlight, who/what in your opinion hasn't got enough attention?
    All the drivers that arent British! Drives me mad that the commentators and media just seem to forget that there are other drivers on track...and not one bigger then a postage stamp sized pick of Kimi winning in any papers...disgusting!

6. Are you satisfied with the season and what could or should have been different in your opinion?
    Not really. Very satisfied that Kimi won the title and that McMerc so far havnt got away with all the cheating n whining. Not so satisfied with all the politics and whining and McMerc in general really, and again, the lack of coverage for other teams.

7. What differences do you want from 2008 season compared to 2007?
    Better coverage is top and in addition less of Martin Brundle talking rubbish would be good too. All rules and regulations sorted out and the stewards, FIA and teams all on the same page over them. Lewis Hamilton not being the only thing everyone talks about. More overtaking, more action and yeah things like traction control etc, basically a better spectacle on the track as opposed to off it!

Better: No Michael Schumacher, even when he was there he just gurned for the camera, good lad! There was more excitement with such a tight championship too and the finale was a fantastic suprise!
    Worse: all the crap, what happened to winning it on the track?? Kimi did, but McMerc dont seem to want to, i kno who i have more respect for.
    :champion: Kimi Raikkonen is a very small version of God!

Liked 647 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aryan
    Did you seriously watch this year's Spa?

Don't get me wrong, I love that track, but this year's race?
    OK I wasn't going to expound on any of my choices, but since I was asked
    I always give Spa an edge due to it's added element of danger.
    Which I shouldn't any more after the make over.
    When I think F1 exitement the image of FA, and LH playing chicken through Eau rouge tops the list!
    May the forza be with you

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts

Talking

1. Biggest positive surprises of the season? : Hamilton / Rosberg

2. Biggest negative surprises of the season? : Honda / Toyota / Fisichella

3. Which was the most interesting race of the season? : Brazil

4. Which was the most boring race of the season? : Monaco

5. Who or what would you like to highlight, who/what in your opinion hasn't got enough attention? : Trulli :

6. Are you satisfied with the season and what could or should have been different in your opinion? : Being a Ferrari fan I am very satisfied, but a bit sad about poor performance of Toyota...

More passes on track, more exciting races, more drivers fighting for the title...and a competitive car for Jarno

Better : 4 drivers fight for the title, Worse : Spy story
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life