Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I only know of Fixation (http://www.fixationuk.com) who do hire - not sure about anywhere outside of London. You'll have to ask around I suppose. Rental prices depend on what - I would imagine around £50 for a weekend for something like a 28-300L.

The Park website is http://www.parkcameras.co.uk

If budget is tight Sharon, go used. You can always upgrade later and / or keep as backup. There should be a few 300D and 10D bodies available at a reasonable price
    Scrumpy, scrumpy, scrumpy, SLEDGEHAMMER!!!
    Colin and Keith: the WHITE Stuff! :up:
    SCSA Pickems Champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by corbygal
    How much are they to hire and where do you get em from? I'm trying to get a job so I can actually buy a decent camera for Rockingham, but if I can't afford one by then I might rent one if I can. I only want one of the cheapest Canon EOS and a lense up to 300mm for starters.

Also has that Park Cameras got a website and can you post it please? I'm so desperate for a cheap camera and lense I'm selling most of my DVDs!
    Hi

If you're after a good 2nd hand EOS I will probably be selling one of my 10D's in the next few weeks to upgrade (have a couple of lenses too). If you're interested PM me.

Linda

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    All this talk of cameras!

I plan on getting an SLR camera for my birthday, though havnt yet decided which. Seems most of them come either body only or for an extra 200 quid, with a lens aswell.

I have found out my dad's old SLR film camera, he has a 35-200mm Sigma lens on it. Would that be any good on a new SLR camera, and what is that like in comparison to some of the other lens mentioned above?
    "Before Stonehenge was 'Woodhenge' and 'Strawhenge', but a big bad wolf came and blew them down, and 3 little piggies were relocated to other projects"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I would strongly recommend getting a kit if you are starting completely from scratch - although I can only speak for Canon,in which case that would be the body plus the 18-55 lens. The longer lens with IS isn't quite so good and it does add somewhat to the price. Don't forget to budget for a bag (make sure it is big enough and then some), flash cards, card reader and other sundries as well. If you can stretch to an external flash then do so.

If it is an old Sigma lens, it probably won't be compatible with a new camera - I know that's the case for Canon bodies, not sure about the other makes. Some of the less old Sigma lenses can be sent back to be re-chipped, but anything more than four or five years old, Sigma won't re-chip. This is because they reverse engineer their software to get their lenses to work with OEM bodies.

Digital shows up old / cheap glass - it is far less forgiving than film as a medium. Having said that, I have a stonking Yashica 50 1.4 manual lens that I sometimes put on my DSLR via an adaptor.
    Scrumpy, scrumpy, scrumpy, SLEDGEHAMMER!!!
    Colin and Keith: the WHITE Stuff! :up:
    SCSA Pickems Champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Infinity
    Hi

If you're after a good 2nd hand EOS I will probably be selling one of my 10D's in the next few weeks to upgrade (have a couple of lenses too). If you're interested PM me.

Linda

Sounds tempting... I'll have my student loan then! lol. I'll consider it, just need to work out a budget for this semester... there goes me drinking lol.
    Weebit Productions Photographer: I'm not short, just far away

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    You might also consider the official Canon refurb outlet on ebay. Refurbished 350D's are on there for £210 and come with a full one year waranty.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Canon-Outlet
    http://photos.spa-networks.co.uk/photos My photos (inc Santa Pod Easter Thunderball, April 2011)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I don't trust ebay when spending this amount of money, but thanks.
    Weebit Productions Photographer: I'm not short, just far away

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Its an official outlet run by Digital River. You will pay through their own secure payment system, not through eBay.
    http://photos.spa-networks.co.uk/photos My photos (inc Santa Pod Easter Thunderball, April 2011)