Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_andrew
    I don't think you could work things like higher roofs, higher framerails, and progressive door bars into the old cars.

And the Busch cars can't (let me add appropriate emphasis) CAN'T be replaced yet. And it's not as if the Busch cars are that unsafe. It's just that the COT is better for saftey. It's like comparing sex with an average looking woman (good) to sex with a supermodel (better). I've got points comming my way don't I?
    I disagree with you

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_andrew
    ..... It's just that the COT is better for saftey.
    It's like comparing sex with an average looking woman (good) to sex with a supermodel (better).
    I've got points comming my way don't I?
    Actually you're wrong about that .....
    good sex depends on a woman's participation ......
    a supermodel that just lays there is NOT good ......
    a less attractive woman who gets into it & participates is MUCH better .....
    bedding a supermodel is no guarantee of a good lay.

It's the same thing with the COT, to some people it may not look as good .....
    but in time it's performance will be better & the added safety will be a bonus.
    2008 ESPN Stockcar Challenge MSF Champion :D
    2007 Yahoo! Boogity Boogity Boogity Champion :D

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Not really getting the supermodel/COT sex thing.... I'll leave that to the experts.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i blame the cot for jeff gordon having more time with standard cars to still have good runs before a usual slump, which is happening now.
    the drought is over--may there never be another with 115 races.

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    OK, I know he may not be around in NASCAR as a driver much longer, but if Michael Waltrip (or any driver) has to take his HANS device and helmet OFF inside a burning car just to fit out of the window of the current car, then I say bring on the CoT!

Also, Ricky Rudd said he probably wouldn't have had such a severe injury in the CoT, so if it improves safety for only a little reduction in the look and no detriment to the racing, then go for it. Also, as has been mentioned before, if it gets rid of the awful looking offset cars, that's a plus too!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    what happened to the big escape hatch in the roof?

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Apparently it simply didn't make the car go any faster and cost more to put in, so when teams have a budget they didn't want to spend it on anything that isn't compulsory and didn't make the car go faster...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oldhippie
    what happened to the big escape hatch in the roof?
    Two things. When the teams improved the top of the driver's seat to protect them from head & neck injuries it made it much harder to get out of the hatch. The CoT has a larger window area so it's easier to get out of, compared to the old car. Only a couple of drivers had the hatch put in their car. I think Mikey was the only one to use it, and that was after a win, not an accident situation.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ugly women are generally more grateful and will put out more and will try to satify the man to in ways good looking girls don't have to......I see your point, BUT HOW DOES the COT know its ugly, its a car????

What is interesting is the two brits on here think the car is ugly, but most US posters feel it is ok....Is this a cultural thing going on.

Also with all the possible driver changes in NASCAR this coming year with open wheel guys flocking in, and the change to the COT, hasn't NASCAR gone through a massive change these last couple of years, what with Toyota jumping in this season. My concern there is will NASCAR stop being so American, will the old fans of NASCAR fell a little pissed that there sereis is being taken over. What happens if the Europeans end and North and South Americans drive better than the current crop US drivers, what happens when the American drivers aren't dominating will NASCARs popularity start to falter.

There are a lot of big gambles taking place in US motorsport right now with NASCAR, when do you think Honda is gonna want to join in and how many road race events are looking to be added to the CUP season??? When do they get Montreal and Mexico?

PS Mark in Oshawa, I found something that I don't agree with you on at last, your always right, but this time I got ya....cars don't have to be fast to be good for racing. Sometimes the little slow cars make for better drafting races, we have a pickup truck series in the UK, which is great, especially on the oval at Rockingham, UK. Lol.......
    Indy cars says bye to Sky. Yeah baby.......