Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeall
    Spa last was good. Hungary was poor however. OK he beat his teammate but he also spun off (but rejoined) and was miles behind everyone else. He only finished 9th because so many people retired.
    Don't say that, instead, you may say that he only finish 9th because the steward's decide to qualify Schumacher...
    If you don\'t like it don\'t eat it!!! :burp:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If someone asked this question in a couple years, we could be saying Nico Hulkenberg. Great performances in the wet this year in A1 at Zandvoort and Sepang - and he's a young German so I'm sure he'll be a BMW tester soon enough!

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    After Shumacher retired, I say Fernando Alonso.
    Formula 1

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Who is the best? Well, can't name only one (as usual). Honorable mentions to Alonso, Räikkönen and Button. Also Monteiro, Barrichello, R. Schumacher, Fisichella and Heidfeld have often shown strong performances.

What concerns Monteiro's huge loss in Hungary, then the Bridgestone's were really crap at that GP - otherwise he could have been able to shine more.

I remember Kubica competitively dancing around the circuit on slicks in wet conditions in 2005, when he was driving in the World Series by Renault. So far he has had a lot of learning to do with Formula One car in slippery conditions though, but probably we haven't seen the best from him yet...

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    I think the title is up for grabs, No real stand outs yet. With only one real wet race last season, makes it hard to choose from. But if I have too, I'll take Button by a nose to Alonso.

The worst Wet weather driver award goes to my man, Webber. Hungary, He was a literal Fish out of water.
    Ayrton Senna Is the one true GOD!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Based on 2007 peformance it has to be Button or Alonso. Button did a fantastic job, and was catching Fred, but that was in wet but drying conditions.

As far as the chin being "widely accepted as the (previous) best" I would have to argue, as some have already mentioned, having TC, while all others are fending for themselves, doesn't impress me that much.
    J

My home is a sanctuary for my spirit, where my soul can touch base with its source, Almighty God.
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Depends upon what you mean by wet. On a wet track, but probably not a downpour, Barichello appears to have the edge. When the track is flooded -- standing water -- downpour conditions -- the lucky man is the best.
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." —Robert Heinlein

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Alonso is the man! Its funny how great champions are good in any condition.
    2008 NASCAR CUP SCRAMBLE CHAMPION

Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jjanicke
    Based on 2007 peformance it has to be Button or Alonso. Button did a fantastic job, and was catching Fred, but that was in wet but drying conditions.

As far as the chin being "widely accepted as the (previous) best" I would have to argue, as some have already mentioned, having TC, while all others are fending for themselves, doesn't impress me that much.
    Don't listen to fousto jjanicke, he talks out of his arse most of the time.

Schumacher's drive at Barcelona in '96 showed how damn good he was in the wet. Even Villeneuve complemented him on the drive. Spa '98 is another example. He was on another planet until he came up on Coulthard.

Trying to shrug off his performances as being down to illegal traction control is not only incorrect, it comes across as mildly petulant and you're too intelligent for that.

As for current wet weather masters, I would have to say Alonso looks like he's pretty good. I think Barrichello deserves some mention here too, although I don't think he's still as good as he once was.

Nobody really stands out like Senna and Schumacher did, though Alonso might be. I think we need more wet races to get a better idea.
    Forza Ferrari!!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    button or alonso. massa not too sure after hungary. i lean towards button simply because he was able to keep up with and eventually catch nando with an inferior car.
    nowhere fast.