Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acorn
    if it's asce your referring to then it's not QUITE dead yet according to the last entry on the blog of it's website
    Its not been updated for seven months!
    :up: :D

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    the main site may not have been "updated" but that blog entry(i notice your name their too) was made on the 9th july this year and referred to a test the guy had at nurburgring on the weekend of 7-8th july THIS YEAR.

as i said, i'm not holding my breath but the organisers would still appear to be taking the project forward.
    Hear the thunder, feel the power.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I can confirm, from my discussions with the organisers, that there is no plan to run the Speedcar series in Europe or indeed on Ovals. It is planned as a 'winter series' running in the Middle east and Asia in tandem with the new GP2 Asia series.

Also the cars are being set up to race on road courses rather than Ovals.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I had a complete look at the site and it looked impressive, but if they have no intention of running on ovals then my interest goes straight out the window.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    with just 3 weeks to go before the inaugural race, there have been 9 driver announcements(some of which i expect are being paid for by the series organisers).

will they get a full 24 car grid or will this one run whatever the number of drivers and then fade into oblivion?
    Hear the thunder, feel the power.