Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravheart
    T.V cameras? were they being filmed then?
    Yeah, proper full-race TV coverage. In-car cameras (we carried one), etc. etc. Motors TV job IIRC
    If its got breasts or an engine, its gonna cost you...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi-Cola-Kid
    Ok so some races get 'canned' then why did it have to be the fiesta's and not the pick-up trucks?
    Pickups: main event
    Fiestas: guest series

Would you cancel the last BTCC race because the Clios overran?
    If its got breasts or an engine, its gonna cost you...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well unfortunately I couldn't make it to Rockingham yesterday and from the outside looking in it seems as if a lot of the problems could have been avoided with firmer management.

The one thing I would have thought was that perhaps the track day should have been split in two and run before and after the start of racing.

One question if anyone can help how many Red Arrows did the fly by, they overflew Santa Pod but I am sure there were only seven five in an arrow head and then two behind one inverted. I thought I might see them but they veered towards the venue rather than the flightpath I would have expected.

Regards

Tim
    Proud to sponsor TF2/ST20 Nitro Supertwin rider Ian Turburville

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    hi new to forums so bare with me..
    myself and the family had yet another great day at the rock. But i must admit the fiesta drivers could of made there protest in a better way. But i think it was all down to the curfew and this should have been made clear if it was..
    lovin the pickup truckin

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    myself and the family had another great day at the rock..
    i think the fiesta drivers could have made there protest in a better way..
    if was due to a curfew this should have been made clear to all to avoid any dissapointment....
    lovin the pickup truckin

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i'm going to make an assumption here and that is that a few representative fiesta drivers were NOT taken round the circuit to show them how wet it was and why it was felt BY THE OFFICIALS to be unsafe. the representatives could then have reported back to the rest and let them make a decision with the proviso that if a safety car was called out then the race would end there and then.

i sympathise with the fiesta drivers but they did get a race on saturday so it wasn't a completely wasted weekend.

here's hoping that rockingham take note of where these water traps are and (being owned by a construction firm that will annually hold a construction industry show on site) will be able to remedy the problem asap. it wouldn't hurt their credentials any.

ps how much water was in the proper lake as it always appears to be empty when i go.

pps i hope the tv crew were able to get enough pickup footage for it still to be aired, i'm missing seeing them in the flesh.
    Hear the thunder, feel the power.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turn 4 mad
    the people i feel real sorry for are ghigley and all the hard working marshalls out there in the pooring rain with no thanks who must of been abit confused, 1 minite infield, next minite oval then nothing!, keep up the good work lads and lasses, dont matter if it was the weather, rs boys or out of time without you lot there would be no reason.
    So a BIG THANKYOU to you all.
    Thanks for kind words. It was a bit confusing being held at T4 gate receiving conflicting information, race on - race off !!!! But hey ho, and as for getting wet, that is written into the job description of a marshal

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LessThanSte
    I could see 3 puddles from my seats, 1 big puddle on the pit exit area, 1 just out of turn 2 and 1 on the run into piff paff, both small. If there were others, that would genuinely have effected the race, i'd love to know where they were. Given that we were racing 30 minutes earlier in a monsoon, i find it odd that a couple of puddles is enough to cancel a race completely!
    There was also a river running across the track just before Tarzan , it reminded me of the river at The Old Hair Pin at Donington at the BTCC meeting last month !!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mmmmm, just going through my photos - have quite a number with the Fiesta drivers on track during this incident. Am beginning to wonder whether anyone may wish to find them useful...
    Scrumpy, scrumpy, scrumpy, SLEDGEHAMMER!!!
    Colin and Keith: the WHITE Stuff! :up:
    SCSA Pickems Champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I saw Ian Brown after talking to the Fiesta drivers and he looked like he'd rather be somewhere else! I think if the Fiesta drivers didn't protest, or atleast not protest on track, the end of the day would have been better.

Just wondering which of the two officials that talked to the fiesta drivers was Ian Brown,the larger or the smaller of the two?
    Roll on the 2009 Daytona 500!!!!!!