Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts

Angry Any guitar players out there?

I just got a guitar for christmas but I can't seem to play a single note without my fretting fingers touching more than one string at a time, I'm following all the tips about keeping your hand curved and thumb at the middle of the neck. I'm sure my fingers aren't pointy enough.

Little help?
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
    I don't play the guitar but I'm pretty sure the solution to these kinds of problems is "keep practising". :

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Studiose is right. Even with pointy fingers it takes quite a bit of practice to play the guitar without touching more than 1 string. I faced the same problem too while trying to play a friend's guitar.
    "When the situation arises you stay where you are or go for it. I prefer the latter" - JPM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My younger sis plays it took awhile to learn and get it right from what i can remember hearing. but keep at it you maybe as good as slash one day. LOL!

XxXx
    Yes i know i'm a girl that likes cars. Blah, Blah, Blah!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Practice is the main key really, you'll get it eventually
    If England ever perform at a World Cup, make sure you wake me up :p:
    Steven Gerrard- Modern Day Hero (On his day :p: )

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Eaves Fan
    My younger sis plays it took awhile to learn and get it right from what i can remember hearing. but keep at it you maybe as good as slash one day. LOL!

XxXx

Slash!!!! I wish.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Slash, thats not really saying much.

I dont play guitar much but I do play bass. It takes a a few weeks of regular pracitcing to really get a feel for the instrument, after that it wont be problem.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i play guitar..been doing so for a few years..although not non-stop obviously.

just lots of practise, and best get yourself a private guitar tutor before you get into any bad habits, you may not know of them, but a tutor will help you steer clear of them and put you on the right path.

How do I print my voicemail?
    http://www.surrealillusions.co.uk - motorsport photos :)

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    This is what happens when you first start playing, so just keep practising and you'll get there.

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    At least start by getting a tutor (if you're into it, that is) - they will teach you the do's and dont's that you'll keep in your head as you keep playing.

Then you can go anywhere from there. TABS on the internet provide you with a basic way of playing most songs, but if you want to play more advanced stuff - or rather, be a more complete musician, learn to read music. I haven't learned how to read music yet and when I'm playing in a Jazz Orchestra it's a pain in the arse.

And hand shape/size isn't that important in determining how good you are. I have rather small hands but it doesn't mean anything in terms of how good you are/will be.

Other than that, just keep practising.

Hope that helps.