Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvick#1
    Edwards' championship will have a nice asterisk next to win.
    Why? Does Harvick's also?
    I'm choosing Joey Logano as my avatar. I feel he is a worthy ally.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by colinspooky
    Correct me if I am wrong, and I may well be.

As I understand it, only small crowds went to see Busch races a few years ago.

Then more and more Cup racers joined in and crowds swelled?

Is that nutshell fairly accurate? If so, it speaks for itself. I wonder why people stay away - I saw every lap of every race when I was in Charlotte earlier this year, and practice, and qualifying. And I am no anorak - just enjoy the spectacle.

Shame the locals don't support all the races as they should. Perhaps it is the cost of attending, and maybe the time. But it's only a weekend. I was quite upset at seeing all the empty stands during the truck and Busch races.

That is accurate. I remember reading an article a few years ago that reported on low attendence and the impending death of the Busch Series, but I think Buschwackers were around before that. Buschwackers have been around since the start of the series. GP2 can survive with out F1 drivers, so I don't think the series needs NNC drivers to survive. And if it does, cut it loose.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tstran17_88
    Why? Does Harvick's also?
    Cause Edwards isn't racing against anyone like Harvick was last year.

last year, there was about 7 cup full timers, now its only 3. and they are Reutimann (who doesn't really count as a Cup wacker and Blaney (when has he ever really been a threat, hes occasionally done good)

Harvick is 3rd in points and has missed about 5-6 races
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well, of that group mentioned above...Truex, Junior, Harvick and Edwards...truly only Truex and Junior were actual Busch drivers when they won their championships, not experienced Cup drivers running the Busch series. So I'm thinking if we're giving out *'s, Mr. Harvick needs one too. j/k

I'm not for *'s on anything, though. Winning any championship at any level is an amazing accomplishment.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    With the dawn of COT I think I will be watching more Busch series races in the future . It's not that I hate COT , but I still love the aero cars , and in the Busch series I can get my fix . As for the people who get all bent out of shape about cup drivers in the busch series ....Get A Life .
    :dozey: Behold the power of cheese;)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowCar
    Well, of that group mentioned above...Truex, Junior, Harvick and Edwards...truly only Truex and Junior were actual Busch drivers when they won their championships, not experienced Cup drivers running the Busch series.
    what,

Harvick won his First Busch championship in 2001, only his second year in the Busch series, the only reason why he ran the full cup schedule also was cause of Earnhardts untimely death after Daytona. he missed one cup race and still finished 9th in points while winning the Busch Championship. and thats when pulling the double was very hard unlike today.

it was funny too when Harvick was still beating the Cup Veterans in the Busch series in 2000-2001 :
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wink

what,

Harvick won his First Busch championship in 2001, only his second year in the Busch series, the only reason why he ran the full cup schedule also was cause of Earnhardts untimely death after Daytona. he missed one cup race and still finished 9th in points while winning the Busch Championship. and thats when pulling the double was very hard unlike today.

it was funny too when Harvick was still beating the Cup Veterans in the Busch series in 2000-2001 :
    Yup, I know that and he did a good job in both series that year but his second one was as a Cup driver going back to Busch. Don't matter really. At any rate, it's an accomplishment regardless. I'm not downing anyone...just commenting on Jr. and Truex both doing it as true Busch drivers twice.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RaikkonenRules
    Carl Edwards has announced interest in returning for another full time double duty season next year. Why?
    Why not? He wants to be a serious contender in both series (which IMHO is more likely than not). Think of the cool factor if he managed to win the Busch and Cup series in one year.
    Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Cause Edwards isn't racing against anyone like Harvick was last year.

last year, there was about 7 cup full timers, now its only 3. and they are Reutimann (who doesn't really count as a Cup wacker and Blaney (when has he ever really been a threat, hes occasionally done good)

Harvick is 3rd in points and has missed about 5-6 races
    I guess you can spin it any way you want. Like Edwards though, the level of competition in the Busch series is the same if you ask me as far as full time cup/busch drivers...just less of them. It's not like Harvick had to beat Gordon, Johnson, Stewart & Kenseth every week to win the Busch series last year.
    I'm choosing Joey Logano as my avatar. I feel he is a worthy ally.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RaikkonenRules
    Even so he and the other part time Buschwackers are turning the series into a joke. Edwards has absolutely no decent full time competion so I suppose we can expect every Busch season from now on to be an Edwards domination borefest.

The Busch series will die without bushwackers. The fans in the stands are there primarily to see the Nascar Stars. If more showed up every week then Edwards would not be where he is now probably. Look at last year. Harvick ran all year and he was 100's of points out front.
    :dork: 1 of Original 100 Members