Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    IIRC, Zanardi was given the moniker "Pineapple" by Mo Nunn when he was at TCGR; Nunn named him so because he was sweet on the inside but had a prickly exterior.
    What's that smell? IRL!

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Jacques Villeneuve: "The Baby Faced Assassin"

Ianina "Spyder" Zanazzi

"Tora! Tora! Tora!" Takagi

I fear that if Milka doesn't give up on this bad idea, the best thing she'll remember about this foolish foray is her mounting list of nicknames: Milky Donuts, Milka Dunno (How To Drive), etc.

Yep, Eddie "Under-a-Cheever" is a classic from a long time ago. "Danican't" is also becoming a classic. With each passing race, with each passing season, she makes it so. I also find Princess Permapout to be a good one for her. Smiling don't cost nothing, Danica.

And my main man... the one, the only, Mr. Boombastic! Simply Fantastic! The Human Wreckin'Ball: Shigeaki "Shiggy" Hattori
    Shiggy!!!

One with a pseudonym (not really a nickname): Lynn St. James. It seems one Sandra Eden was a fan of McMillan & Wife actress Susan Saint James and decided to change her name... But I understand Danny Sullivan gave her several "nicknames" after she crashed into him during a race.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior

And my main man... the one, the only, Mr. Boombastic! Simply Fantastic! The Human Wreckin'Ball: Shigeaki "Shiggy" Hattori
    Shiggy!!!
    A.k.a. "The Shigster." Also, Milka Duno, ak.a. Dual Airbags!
    What's that smell? IRL!

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Skid Marx
    A.k.a. "The Shigster." Also, Milka Duno, ak.a. Dual Airbags!
    I can't help it, I always liked ol' Shigster. I mean, this guy couldn't walk from his transporter to the bathroom without tripping over something. And then he would show signs that he actually could be a decent racing driver. Then he would do something dumb on the track again and cancel that thought out pretty quickly. He just seemed sooo goofed up that he was likeable.

You may not be too far off the mark with Milka. I haven't seen her at the track in a year or so (and her "protective twins" weren't exactly small then), but according to a racing journalist who posts elsewhere, she got some "upgrades" for 2007. I don't know if she went bigger, smaller or just found some new models on the market. But she's such a genuinely nice person that I have a hard time really making fun of her. She's the type of woman who could hug you in front of your (otherwise jealous) wife/girlfriend, sign an autograph for your kid, shake your (otherwise jealous) wife/girlfriend's hand... and all would still be peaceful. She does truly suck as a formula car driver, but she's a difficult person to dislike (IMO). And to be clear, I'd say that even if she was as flat as Danican't (Oooh, that was mean!).
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith