Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce
    You still havn't addressed your character requirement to become your version of a Megastar. I am sure you will tell us of SchM's impecable character.
    You can become a megastar without too much of character, and Schumacher in a way was a showcase of that, but even then he clearly was better at communicating with the media than Kimi. He could make himself much more understandable and speak without mumbling, unlike Kimi.
    What aided MS the most though was the death of Senna - all the exposure fell on him. Added to that he was german and more talented than Kimi.

And your point is? Are you saying Button is a megastar too, because he is at least as much a celebrity as Kimi. You really have to explain your point.
    "signature room for rent"

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Walker
    You can become a megastar without too much of character, and Schumacher in a way was a showcase of that, but even then he clearly was better at communicating with the media than Kimi. He could make himself much more understandable and speak without mumbling, unlike Kimi.
    What aided MS the most though was the death of Senna - all the exposure fell on him. Added to that he was german and more talented than Kimi.

And your point is? Are you saying Button is a megastar too, because he is at least as much a celebrity as Kimi. You really have to explain your point.

First of all, SchM's character left much to be desired. His character had nothing to do with being a megastar, which doesn't appear to fall within your requirements.

Secondly, according to the link I gace you, Kimi is already a megastar.

And I never said anything about bunsen, but yes, until this year, some would have considered him some sort of a celebrity, though I wouldn't.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    First of all, SchM's character left much to be desired. His character had nothing to do with being a megastar, which doesn't appear to fall within your requirements.
    I explained it already, please read my posts more carefully.

Secondly, according to the link I gace you, Kimi is already a megastar.
    Megastar: a very famous person, often an actor or actress
    Going by that, most F1 drivers are megastars, although they mostly seem to offer that word pertaining the hollywood actors and actresses.

And I never said anything about bunsen, but yes, until this year, some would have considered him some sort of a celebrity, though I wouldn't.
    No you didnt say anything about Button, but he is about as well known as Kimi.
    So going by the definition of megastar dictionary.com offers, he is a megastar too, which I do not think he is. My interpretation of the word just differs a bit then
    "signature room for rent"

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Walker
    Kimi will never be a megastar, even if he wins 3 titles in row. He simply doesnt have the character for it.
    Well, can you then explain this statement of yours then.

and then :
    You can become a megastar without too much of character,
    In fact, I wil go as far as to say that many have become megastars without any decent character whatsoever; would you agree with that?
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout