Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Lots of talk and no action in this silly season, but there are many huge drivers that are rumored to be upset and perhaps on the move, including Elliot Sadler, Kasey Kahne, Biffle, and Ryan Newman. Also possibly Paul Menard.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Kahne is just fine with a competitive car under him. Problem is, Evernham is short on dough apparently.

As for the Chevy teams doing their homework and NOT whining, funny, they used to whine when Fords would win. Just like Ford teams whined when Chevy was allowed the wide rear end on the Monte Carlo when it first came out...I find Chevy teams just whine more effectively....

That said, they did their engine work this year, and THAT is the main reason they have been killing everyone......
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    Kahne is just fine with a competitive car under him. Problem is, Evernham is short on dough apparently.

As for the Chevy teams doing their homework and NOT whining, funny, they used to whine when Fords would win. Just like Ford teams whined when Chevy was allowed the wide rear end on the Monte Carlo when it first came out...I find Chevy teams just whine more effectively....

That said, they did their engine work this year, and THAT is the main reason they have been killing everyone......
    Not only that, but a lot of the Chevy teams have all worked together this season to keep on getting better. They knew that Toyota was coming in and wanted to make sure that they were good enough to keep on top of the series. They've all been working together on the new engine and it's showing that they are doing quite well with it.

Also, it doesn't hurt when Hendrick has some satellite teams that get great equipment and can try out new things to see if they work.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    How about this scenario:

LOUDON, N.H. - This Bud could be for Kasey Kahne.
    Lee Spencer
    With Dale Earnhardt Jr. leaving at the end of the season to drive for Rick Hendrick, that opens the door for Kahne at Dale Earnhardt Inc. There's not another driver in the garage who could match Earnhardt's Q Score, but when it comes to hot Nextel Cup properties, Kahne isn't too far behind. Kahne would easily transition into the Budweiser's advertising campaign.
    The potential of the 26-year-old on and off the track is limitless, but this year Kahne has been struggling at Evernham Motorsports. After a phenomenal season in 2006, Kahne is currently 28th in points and hasn't visited Victory Lane since last fall at Lowe's Motor Speedway — 20 races ago. In 16 starts, Kahne has just one top-10 — a seventh-place finish at Daytona.

His Evernham teammate Elliott Sadler is currently 21st in points, but Scott Riggs, whose car is under the EMS roof but owned by James Rocco, entered the weekend 36th in points. Riggs missed his third race after failing to qualify for the Lenox Industrial Tools 300 at New Hampshire.

According to sources, Kahne has a clause in his contract that would enable him to leave Evernham Motorsports if a change in ownership occurs. Introducing Montreal Canadians owner George Gillett into the EMS partnership could provide Kahne with the out for which he's searching. Kahne's legal counsel offered a "no comment" when asked whether the driver had asked for his release.

DEI is on an upswing. Martin Truex Jr. won his first race this season and both he and Earnhardt currently sit in the top 12 in the point standings — the qualification zone for the Chase to the Nextel Cup. DEI recently entered into an engine partnership with Richard Childress Racing that will reap rewards for both organizations.

With the new management team at DEI and the myriad of opportunities afforded the drivers from a marketing standpoint compounded by president Max Siegel's history in the music business, Kahne's career could rocket.

"Kasey's a good guy," Truex said. "The coolest thing that we have going for us right now is we genuinely want each other to run well. Junior, Paul (Menard) and I all get along really well together. We really support each other. With Junior moving on the biggest thing is that whatever driver comes in he'd have to get along with me and Paul. But I think Kasey would be a good fit."

At 26, Kahne is well-polished and could easily transition into numerous marketing categories. In 125 starts, Kahne has seven wins, 13 poles, 30 top-10s and 42 top-fives. After three full seasons, his best finish in the point standings was eighth place last year.

Budweiser has been a primary sponsor at DEI since Earnhardt debuted on the Cup tour in 1999. A connection with Kahne could be a win-win for everyone involved.
    "If you can help others, and fail to do so, your time on earth has been wasted" - Roberto Clemente

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Kahne to DEI might just make Theresa Earnhardt look smarter than she is.......

I kind of hope not though....I have always admired Ray Evernham (except for this Crocker thing) and want to see him succeed. I feel Kahne is a potential champion for sure, and would hate to see him jump...
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Kahne has denied reported rumors he wants out of his contract with Evernham to go negotiate with DEI. Using the reverse logic that consumes NASCAR, it may be a done deal.
    I'm choosing Joey Logano as my avatar. I feel he is a worthy ally.