Page 112 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1205
    Liked 680 Times in 325 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by saco0o View Post
    so let me get this straight:

- wrc is in a pretty shitty moment with only 6 full-time entries, with msport not having money to hire drivers, with hyundai and toyota running 3rd cars for the same guys forever, audience dropping...
    - then fia/wrc thought: "well this is bad, we need to change, even if the decisions are rough",
    - everybody on the planet agreed with that.
    - then after months of 'talking', meeting, fan surveys (!!), they even presented those weird concept.... they decided that nothing is going to change,
    - then suddenly everybody thinks thats the right thing to do... and wrc will continue in the same shitty moment with only 6 full-time entries, with msport not having money to hire drivers, with hyundai and toyota running 3rd cars for the same guys forever, audience dropping.

...like... wtf? why this talk even started? if "this is the obvious thing to do" the whole time? haha this is madness
    this happened because the FIA seem to want to just look like they're in charge. This seems to be their obsession. And it means they take stupid decisions that are ill-considered, just so they can look like they know what they're doing.

It's the whole basis for conflict in F1 too...

Liked 1,520 Times in 868 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djip View Post
    Spot on ! Well at least let's hope (i) that all the "side changes discussed (promotion, different formats etc....) are implemented next year, together with a revamp of the point system and (ii) that they come up with something smart for 2027
    It’s the FIA & WRC promoter we’re talking about, they came up with this confusing point scoring system, I wouldn’t be too optimistic for them doing something smart. Even something as (relatively) simple such as encouraging organisers doing (more) night time stages isn’t something they push for.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

3. Likes: AndyRAC (24th May 2024)
    Liked 816 Times in 389 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    How is a one-shot drive of an old retired driver supposed to make the championship more exciting?
    If Solberg did a one of comeback in a Rally1 car, he would drawn twice the amount of attention than all the other drivers and teams combined.
    The results is secundary.

If you know slightly about how media works, you don't ask these kind of question.
    Sorry.

A comeback like that is exactly what WRC needs, lots of old fans would follow WRC again, media all over the world make stories about it, he has a personality noone of the todays drivers is even close to.
    He won't win anything, but thats not the point.

Sent fra min SM-S901B via Tapatalk
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport

Liked 9,419 Times in 5,019 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    It’s the FIA & WRC promoter we’re talking about, they came up with this confusing point scoring system, I wouldn’t be too optimistic for them doing something smart.
    Spot on. I have zero confidence in those running the sport.

Imagine when it comes to the 2027 Regs with the idea of all 'fuels' being allowed and equalised by weight. It's just sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

Liked 12,282 Times in 5,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skarderud View Post
    If Solberg did a one of comeback in a Rally1 car, he would drawn twice the amount of attention than all the other drivers and teams combined.

If you know slightly about how media works, you don't ask these kind of question.
    Sorry.

A comeback like that is exactly what WRC needs, lots of old fans would follow WRC again, media all over the world make stories about it, he has a personality noone of the todays drivers is even close to.
    He won't win anything, but thats not the point.

Sorry but it’s not 2003 anymore….
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

7. Likes: AndyRAC (24th May 2024),WRCStan (24th May 2024)
    Liked 816 Times in 389 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    Sorry but it’s not 2003 anymore….
    Jeeeezzz.

Its a PR point of wiew, not sporting.

Like or dislike Solberg, but that is plain stupid comment.

Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport

Liked 57 Times in 28 Posts
    One of comeback would spark some media attention but using this logic, old fans would just follow one round and go back to not following aftermath due to "lack of personalities".

If lack of personalities is issue of WRC, resuscitating old guys to make round or two and finish in P6 or P7 wouldn't solve it. It makes more sense to have hope in young prospects and try to encourage teams to give them WRC1 seat.

10. Likes: EstWRC (24th May 2024),WRCStan (24th May 2024)
    Liked 12,282 Times in 5,284 Posts

WRC main class in 2025

Jeeeezzz.

Its a PR point of wiew, not sporting.

Like or dislike Solberg, but that is plain stupid comment.

I like him but he isn’t as popular as in 2003 is what I meant.

As you call others comments stupid then I also call yours when you say he would draw double the attention of current drivers and teams. No way

Yeah maybe in Norway…
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

12. Likes: AndyRAC (24th May 2024),WRCStan (24th May 2024)
    Liked 856 Times in 395 Posts
    Yeah, I don't think so. In Norway, maybe...
    Did you forget that Loeb, who is several times more popular than Solberg (Solberg has few funny lines on his side, but Loeb's results speak for themselves and are what made him well known), already made a return? Did that bring a huge increase of media attention to WRC in general? Not really... There were few stories and articles, but that's about it.
    What REALLY brought attention is when Loeb won Monte in the Puma against Ogier, which was spectacular, but that's because it's combined with the result.
    Of course I'd like to see Petter coming back for a couple of rallies, but nothing will change apart from a couple of articles. Not even if he brings a circus along, he will draw more attention than all the other drivers combined.

14. Likes: dimviii (24th May 2024),Eli (24th May 2024),EstWRC (24th May 2024),ipe (26th May 2024),Jewy46 (24th May 2024),manthey (24th May 2024),WRCStan (24th May 2024)
    Liked 650 Times in 348 Posts
    Lol. Educate me then please. My view of how it works is that WRC and Solberg would publish press releases and tweets, previously shared under embargo with industry outlets Dirtfish, Autosport etc to rewrite for scheduled announcements. Exactly the same result any other drivers and with the same established audience reach.

"media all over the world make stories about it" You're making it sound like The Washington Post, Daily Mail, Al Jazeera or South China Morning Post would be running on it. How? Tell me please.

A comeback like that is exactly what WRC needs, lots of old fans would follow WRC again
    Good lord. So rather than being relevant to current vehicles, manufacturers, sport, marketing, viewing habits... just get a one off appearance from an unlikely champion from 2 decades ago... Wow.
    "It's not sport!" - Gilles Panizzi

16. Likes: AndyRAC (24th May 2024),lancia037 (24th May 2024)