Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2024 - Monaco

Liked 188 Times in 152 Posts

2024 - Monaco

The media wants to push McLaren, and Ferrari is now in a position to put pressure. Other teams have to start consistently winning other than RB before I will believe it.

Monaco is forecasted to be dry.

On a side note, it is being reported that Liberty Media CEO Greg Maffei butted into a conversation with Mario Andretti and F1 CEO Stefano Domenicali at the Miami grand prix and told Andretti, "I want to tell you that I will do everything in my power to see that Michael never enters Formula 1."

The House Judiciary Committee is now opening an inquiry. Six bipartisan Senators are calling for the FTC and Justice Department to investigate whether F1 is promoting illegal and anti-competitive practices. It seems Maffei forgot Liberty Media is an American company. It might be interesting to see the Concorde Agreement get published in detail due to the investigation.

Data from the practice sessions show the following:

Qualifying
    1. Ferrari
    2. Red Bull +0.13
    3. McLaren +0.20
    4. Mercedes +0.55

Race Pace
    1. Red Bull
    2. Ferrari +0.01
    3. McLaren +0.08

Liked 686 Times in 481 Posts
    Well pressure builds cracks and this time Max got it wrong.

To be fair between Max being clearly unhappy and Sergio being out in Q1, it's clear the RB was hard to get set up well for the track. But I think Max brought it on himself, as the car was probably still quick enough to be in the top 3 if he didn't push his luck. He pushed, and his luck ran out.

Great to see Leclerc on the top step, and I hope this time he can convert it to a race win. With Oscar being on the second step for now, it appears the pace of both the McLarens and the Ferrari are real here, so it could make for an interesting race. Another good job by Yuki as well, along with Albon and Gasly. For a while there is looked like the Mercs might do even better, but at least they aren't too far back. Sucks to be Haas, but they owned it and will pay the price.

And I'll say it again this year.... As much as I love the history and setting of this race it's generally a boring ass procession and the real tests are in qually. Short of major surprises it's not much to watch. I honestly think it should at some point soon be taken off the calendar.

Liked 792 Times in 654 Posts
    Dodgy Mercedes messing with Hamilton's qualifying. I think the Mercedes W15b in Hamilton's hand was good enough to challenge for the front row. At least the top 4 positions. It's 2016 all over again!
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 26th May 2024 at 12:03.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 792 Times in 654 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1nKS View Post
    The media wants to push McLaren, and Ferrari is now in a position to put pressure. Other teams have to start consistently winning other than RB before I will believe it.

Monaco is forecasted to be dry.

On a side note, it is being reported that Liberty Media CEO Greg Maffei butted into a conversation with Mario Andretti and F1 CEO Stefano Domenicali at the Miami grand prix and told Andretti, "I want to tell you that I will do everything in my power to see that Michael never enters Formula 1."

The House Judiciary Committee is now opening an inquiry. Six bipartisan Senators are calling for the FTC and Justice Department to investigate whether F1 is promoting illegal and anti-competitive practices. It seems Maffei forgot Liberty Media is an American company. It might be interesting to see the Concorde Agreement get published in detail due to the investigation.
    I don't think the FIA would stand for that kind of behavior. This could be very bad for F1 if this is shown to be true. Bernie Ecclestone is probably laughing is head off whereever he is. :-)
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 1,109 Times in 617 Posts
    I can see why people do not like this race. I'm now on my computer about to play games while they manage the race.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

7. Likes: gm99 (26th May 2024)
    Liked 45 Times in 26 Posts
    carlos off on the first start, but he could restart from his original position AND was able to change his tires for the restart. is that really allowed on the rules?
    the race was boring but the strategy game was cool to follow

Liked 26 Times in 19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by saco0o View Post
    the race was boring but the strategy game was cool to follow
    And that's absolutely the story of this race. Monaco is usually a snooze fest.

10. Likes: Matthew (26th May 2024)
    Liked 30 Times in 22 Posts
    I know Monaco means a lot to this sport but it is a terrible race and always has been unless there is rain.
    FanAmp and r/GrandPrixTravel - Two Wonderful Places for F1 Fans

Absolute snoozefest.

I understand the reasoning why they allow changing tires (e.g. Sainz) and making repairs. But it shouldn't count for the required tire change.