Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2836373839 LastLast
    Liked 9,384 Times in 4,995 Posts
    So Devine held on for the win, Edwards couldn't catch him despite a couple of fastest times today. The unfortunate Cronin recovered to 4th.

This result should tight up the battle for the 2024 ITRC.
    #M-SPORTER

Meirion Evans is set to give the GR Yaris Rally2 its Irish debut on the Carlow Stages on the 18th May.

DirtFish to partner with Onthepacenote to bring further coverage of the remaining rounds of this year’s Irish Tarmac Rally Championship.

https://dirtfish.com/rally/dirtfish-...er-in-ireland/

Liked 30 Times in 16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Meirion Evans is set to give the GR Yaris Rally2 its Irish debut on the Carlow Stages on the 18th May.
    Evans only finished 3rd in the Yaris behind Daniel Cronin & Eddie Doherty.

With his experience on Irish roads I'd expect him to beat these guys if he was still using the Polo R5. He doesn't seem to be getting the pace out of the new car yet and doesn't look like challenging for the BRC Title if this doesn't change very soon.

Liked 219 Times in 115 Posts
    Reading through the Final Instructions for the Jim Clark and this part is interesting ;

Crew Safety Briefing
    There will be a competitor briefing which will be available on the Sportity App prior to the event.
    It is a criminal offence for unauthorised persons to encroach on a public road including its verges
    whilst it is closed by law for motorsport purposes. This includes members of the public and
    competitors’ service personnel going onto the stage to assist cars that have stopped or come off. It
    is also an offence to incite unauthorised personnel to commit an offence by asking or encouraging
    them to encroach on the closed road for any reason. Arrest and charge may result from such
    actions. Should unauthorised personnel offer to or actually assist a competitor, the competitor must
    refuse such assistance and tell those involved to leave the stage and return to a place of safety
    immediately

7. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (20th May 2024)
    Yeah, I was reading the Spectator Information section of the JC Rally this morning and they have gone completely OTT on the safety message !

https://jimclarkrally.co.uk/spectators/

Liked 219 Times in 115 Posts
    Yes indeed, i seen that over the top is an understatement . So if a car is half on half off and blocking the stage unless the crew can get the road clear by themselves the stage will be lost..........

The Yaris still needs a bit of work yet going by Carlow yesterday, although the pace of Daniel Cronin and Eddie Doherty has been up there this year so the result wasn't really surprising.
    Last edited by satnav; 20th May 2024 at 17:31. Reason: More info

Liked 316 Times in 172 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Yeah, I was reading the Spectator Information section of the JC Rally this morning and they have gone completely OTT on the safety message !

https://jimclarkrally.co.uk/spectators/
    Quote Originally Posted by satnav View Post
    Yes indeed, i seen that over the top is an understatement . So if a car is half on half off and blocking the stage unless the crew can get the road clear by themselves the stage will be lost..........

The Yaris still needs a bit of work yet going by Carlow yesterday, although the pace of Daniel Cronin and Eddie Doherty has been up there this year so the result wasn't really surprising.
    Given that the law says it is illegal to be anywhere on a closed road, unless you are specifically authorised to be there, and that not many years ago three irresponsible spectators died on the Jim Clark Rally, I think that you two really need to reconsider your attitude.

11. Likes: J4MIE (21st May 2024)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Boyd View Post
    Given that the law says it is illegal to be anywhere on a closed road, unless you are specifically authorised to be there, and that not many years ago three irresponsible spectators died on the Jim Clark Rally, I think that you two really need to reconsider your attitude.
    I quite understand the need for safety briefings but the threats and it's how it's being communicated that seems to me extremely heavy-handed.

And the similar NW Stages closed-road rally didnt have these instructions or threats of arrest to spectators...

https://www.northweststages.co.uk/sp...tating-safely/