Hybrid View

Liked 480 Times in 207 Posts
    As the time passes, for me one thing is clear: JUST DO WHATEVER IS NEEDED TO ATTRACT MANY MANUFACTURERS. Nothing else matters.

Liked 647 Times in 346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bomber21 View Post
    As the time passes, for me one thing is clear: JUST DO WHATEVER IS NEEDED TO ATTRACT MANY MANUFACTURERS. Nothing else matters.
    For what? Entering WRC and entertaining you through a screen or for building cars you can go rallying with?

Liked 1,137 Times in 610 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bomber21 View Post
    No, you're thinking it backwards. Attracting manufacturers is a consequence of a good healthy sport that has a lot of fans, not the other way around.

Manufacturers compete because they think they get a good money/exposure ratio to attract potential customers. Sponsors are exactly the same. So you need to do whatever is needed to attrack more fans, which will increase the exposure, which will attract more sponsors, more money and eventually more manufacturers.

If you chase away fans to try and attract manufacturers, you're only killing the sport. If nobody watches, nobody sees your advertisement anymore, so there is no more reason to put money into the sport, both by sponsors and by manufacturers.