Threaded View

Liked 240 Times in 127 Posts
    Imagine driver A is first after Saturday. He has 18 points. So he decides to cruise on Sunday, but all the other drivers will push. He will end 7th that day and overall gets 19 points. Also, because he cruised, he fell to 4th place overall, but that has no impact on points.

Driver B on the other hand would have issues in the first leg and end up 5th after Saturday. He will get 8 points for that, so he decides to push on Sunday. He would end 2nd overall after Sunday, and as the fastest driver of that day, he would get 7 points for the leg and 5 points for PS win. Overall, he would get 20 points for the event.

Then we have a very consistent driver C. He will finish 1st leg on 2nd place behind driver A, gaining him 15 points. Then he would want to gain more points on Sunday, he would be 2nd that day and 2nd in PS, that would gain him 6+4 points he would get 25 points overall and would be the winner of the rally.

I didn't like it at first, but it looks to me like a pretty solid point system that awards speed and consistency through the whole rally (as it kinda soft delete time gaps on Sunday). Maybe it would be better if points were rewarded also for the overall results after Sunday (even if it would be 5-4-3-2-1) and if there weren't PS points. I think there won't be many situations where overall winners wouldn't get the most points. But it's true that it's pretty complicated on first sight.
    Last edited by Kenneth; 16th December 2023 at 14:52.